03-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Advantages and Disadvantages of MDU (Multi Dwelling Unit) DTH installations
- Single antenna for all the flats. So the terrace is not full of dishes and tangled wires.
- Bigger dish gives strong signals.
- Annual Servicing charges are waived.
- No need to deal with the local cable operator.
- Cannot change the DTH operator if the building committee does not permit separate dish for another operator.
- Rain outage is still seen even with bigger MDU dishes.
- No signal to all the residents if there is misalignment of dish or LNB / amplifier failure.
- You need to buy outdoor equipments like dish and LNB in case you re-locate.