Discussion 0.5 million subscribers opted for alacarte after few channels shifted to alacarte

Do something for new channels which are not there on the platfform. We are disappointed of not seeing new channels on Dishtv for long time for which numerous requests made.

This is inevitable. If they force ala-carte only for few popular channels, subscribers will end up taking them. Each one thinks, It's just Rs 10. But calculate: Rs 10 x 0.5 million subscribers = Rs 5 million additional revenue. That INR 50 Lacs. Just by a small step and decision.

Talking about the hybrid set top box (STB) that the company is planning to roll-out, Goel said that the Hybrid STB with software deployment will give an insight into the consumer behavior about their choice of content.

“So for us to plan the content and also the packaging, it will give us the insight of the customer. So some intelligence we will get from customer behavior when there is a two way communication in the setup box,” he noted.

He further stated that the DTH company has already deployed 0.8 million STBs with multiple conditional access built in. The operator plans to launch the STB in April. “The access fee, we have not taken decision yet how much we will charge to the consumer for giving this facility, so the technical work is going on,” he stated.

On the migration of MPEG2 customers to MPEG4, Goel said that less than 3 million subscribers were on MPEG-2 and the company is upgrading the remaining MPEG2 customer to MPEG4 through special offers.

“And from the platform also, we are reducing the MPEG-2 streaming of the channel continuously. So this process will continue, and I think, in a year’s time we will have all the MPEG-4 subscribers,” he said.

Goel also pointed out that the TRAI’s STB interoperability initiative is not viable as it has not been successful even in developed markets like South Korea and United States.

“We will still work with the TRAI and DoS to develop such a box but that may take a year or two years before pilot project is there,” he stated.

But shouldn't moving out of channels from base packs into ala-carte also mean that base pack prices should go down ?

why dont people prefer in india for cable operator instead of DTH.
Cable tv is Comparatively cheaper than DTH and with all channels (local+national+international)
Note: I am using dish tv in kuwait. I just posted to gather idea/ suggestions from you people.

why dont people prefer in india for cable operator instead of DTH.
Cable tv is Comparatively cheaper than DTH and with all channels (local+national+international)
Note: I am using dish tv in kuwait. I just posted to gather idea/ suggestions from you people.
Though DTH may be costly it's worth the money we spend, picture and sound quality is better on DTH.

Also like @Amit1079 bro said we can be independent when using DTH, no need to worry about cable guy or power cuts at other locations or cable cuts elsewhere.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock