10 Ka Dum: AAP leader Kumar Vishwas stepping into Salman Khan's shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
We're finding it pretty difficult to digest it ourselves, but the gossip mills are abuzz with the news that AAP leader Kumar Vishwas may just replace Salman Khan as the host of the upcoming season of 10 Ka Dum.
The quiz show that went off air in 2009 after two successful seasons, is all set to make a comeback on the small screen. Sony Entertainment Television is planning to revive the show but this time Salman Khan won't be a part of it.
Reportedly, Salman Khan could not be a part of the show as he is busy with his movie Sultan, Bigg Boss 10, and The Farm, the reality show he is producing. However, some reports also suggest that time was not the only constraint. Apparently, Salman Khan and the producers of 10 Ka Dum could not strike a deal over the actor's remuneration. It seems he asked for money equivalent to his fee for Bigg Boss.
Unverified reports also suggest that 10 Ka Dum producer Siddhartha Basu had been trying to convince Salman for about five years, but eventually decided to revive the show with a new face as the host.
Before Kumar Vishwas, there were reports of comedian Kapil Sharma being approached to host the third season of the show.
Interestingly, Kumar Vishwas was approached by Colors in 2014 to participate in celebrity reality show Bigg Boss 8 but the deal didn't come through as the AAP leader demanded an astronomical fee (reportedly Rs 21 crore). The fee caused quite a stir in the media.
Later, Vishwas clarified that he quoted the exorbitant price as he wished to donate the amount towards the welfare of war widows.
"I am what I am, because of all you friends. What I speak, is an echo of what I hear from you. I had my reservations about Big Boss. Attached is the letter that I wrote to the producers of the show. I was not made for Big Boss. The biggest Boss is Almighty. If there is any other 'boss' for me, it is India. I chose to serve Big Boss' home in order to serve those who are serving the motherland. Anyways, No worries and no hurries. I will keep serving the nation in my way. Jai Hind!," he wrote in his Facebook post.
It now remains to be seen if the politician will actually turn host.

10 Ka Dum: AAP leader Kumar Vishwas stepping into Salman Khan's shoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock