12 ft dish antenna

pgebbon

Reaction score
12 ft dish tuning details. I'm now thinking of using my 15 year old antenna. I made some basic calculations to start with..
1. Measured the diameter it is 360 cm
2. Measured the depth it is 55 cm
3. Now calculated the focal length it came to 147 cm
4. I got GI pipe and made some arrangement. The signal strength had been good at 150 cm rather than the calculated value of 147 cm... Well this can happen with old dish with dented surfaces
5. Fixed a 17 K lnb and getting all major satellite signals.
Next step is to add more lnb's but dont have idea how to locate other satellite signals on this big dish.

There are many dish set up threads being posted in our dish set up section under satellite tracking section. You can take idea from it and select which bird to hunt, depending on ur location.

A 12 feet dish is hard to find, but since ur lucky enough to own it and install it, you can possibly go for a multi lnb set up... :)

Kindly post ur dish set up pics on forum...

Thanks and happy satellite tracking... :)

Yup! It's Very Hard To See 12 Or 14 Feet Dishes Nowadays!

Vadirocks said:
Yup! It's Very Hard To See 12 Or 14 Feet Dishes Nowadays!
Many possibilities with a 12 ft dish, including Hotbird if used properly...

Well by God's grace after much struggle had been able to locate Intelsat20 along with Insat4A...

Searching for offset signals with this big dish is a real challenge.

I applied some thought if I can make use of maths...

Well I collected the Elevation, Azimuth and lnb skew details for my location from dishpointer.com

Focal length of my dish is 150cm using this I imagined how the dish rotates at various elevation angles say for Insat4A 73.1 degrees if I rotate the dish 360 degrees it will make a circle of radius 44cm and for Intelsat20 it is 52cm and Intelsat17 57cm now at my location Insat4A signal arrives in 164 degrees azimuth and intelsat20 at 220 degrees.

Now I started drawing concentric circles of above calculated values. Now from centre I drew lines to represent azimuth angles as noted from dishpointer.

Now I got an idea from this in which angle and distance I should use to locate other satellites from prime focus. By God's grace today hit first success caught Intelsat20 in offset with Insat4A at prime focus. My next target is Intelsat17 and Thaicom5. I'm targeting only satellites with Christian channels.

Will post photos of my dish, lnbs and calculations soon

ok... Thats good news.... :)

Do u want christian evangelistic channels?? :huh

Hi
Im prasad from dombivli
Would like to have a technician who can install fta dish with max channels at my premises..
My budget is appr 10k to 15k
I really reading your all post.. but cant understand because i m from non technical field..so sorry but can some 1 help mee?
Prasad

Hi Prasad,
I'm in Vellore, tamilnadu. Hope some of our dreamdth members near to your location can help.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock