Breaking Adani to purchase 29.18 % Stake in Media group NDTV

MFan9724

Reaction score
Adani to purchase 29.18 % Stake in Media group NDTV

ZYQjiRR.jpg

KTbQwRz.png

Source

Last edited:
Good News. NDTV has been quite behind interms of upgrading its broadcast infrastructure and i do hope Adani Group will help finance the much needed upgrade. Also we may see NDTV Profit being rebranded as BQ Prime as Adani Group runs the online business news portal in partnership with Mr. Raghav Bahl who has been trying since long to launch a business news channel and expanding the presence of the media organisation.
Not to forget GoodTimes needs lot of investment to produce fresh content, it used to be an excellent travel & lifestyle channel but since last 6 or 7 years it is just airing old shows. Some new shows were brought about but that is bot enough to attract the audience. New Season of Chak Le India and Highway On My Plate were shot in 2018 or 19, even "coming soon" promos were aired in 2020-21 but they were never aired. There were various news articles published few years back that NDTV was planning to sell this channel, even talks happened but nothing was finalised or successful. This is probably why new shows have been kept under wraps till now

Good News. NDTV has been quite behind interms of upgrading its broadcast infrastructure and i do hope Adani Group will help finance the much needed upgrade. Also we may see NDTV Profit being rebranded as BQ Prime as Adani Group runs the online business news portal in partnership with Mr. Raghav Bahl who has been trying since long to launch a business news channel and expanding the presence of the media organisation.
Hoping the editorial won't be affected from the corporate takeover. And I don't think either Bloomberg or Raghav Bahl will ever work with the Adani group. Raghav Bahl isn't even getting a license to launch any channel.
Not to forget GoodTimes needs lot of investment to produce fresh content, it used to be an excellent travel & lifestyle channel but since last 6 or 7 years it is just airing old shows. Some new shows were brought about but that is bot enough to attract the audience. New Season of Chak Le India and Highway On My Plate were shot in 2018 or 19, even "coming soon" promos were aired in 2020-21 but they were never aired. There were various news articles published few years back that NDTV was planning to sell this channel, even talks happened but nothing was finalised or successful. This is probably why new shows have been kept under wraps till now
Is this channel still owned by NDTV?

Hoping the editorial won't be affected from the corporate takeover. And I don't think either Bloomberg or Raghav Bahl will ever work with the Adani group. Raghav Bahl isn't even getting a license to launch any channel.

Is this channel still owned by NDTV?

NDTV still most likely will have editorial control . Bloomberg has already quit their partnership with Raghav Bahl, Adani Group came board and together with Mr. Raghav Bahl they run BQ Prime.

Yes Mr. Raghav Bahl tried to get licence for launching Bloomberg Quint as a satellite tv channel but i think did not get requisite approvals from government for the same

Yes, NDTV still owns GoodTimes TV channel

So, NDTV set to join the "Godi Media Club" of lethal debates, comedy circus, Gaali Galauj (abusive verbiage), and fake news. I hope Ravish Kumar and other fellow NDTV anchors will not associate themselves with such a club. They should immediately tender their resignations from NDTV, and join the likes of independent journalists like Abhisar Sharma.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock