16th edition of IIFA to take place in Malaysia

Thakur

Banned
Reaction score
MUMBAI: The International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has announced that it will now return to Malaysia after 13 years.

Over the last 15 years, IIFA has graced the shores of the USA, UK, Europe, Middle East, Southeast Asia, South Africa, Sri Lanka and Canada.

This year fans and enthusiasts of Indian cinema from around the world will see stars descend into Kuala Lumpur during the weekend.

Anil Kapoor and Dia Mirza were among the first who came to show their support and cast their vote towards the 16th IIFA Weekend among other members of the film fraternity and the Iifa Advisory Board.

Akin to past IIFA Voting Weekends, many prominent members from the fraternity participated this year including Akshara Haasan, Ayushmann Khurrana, Riteish Deshmukh Huma Qureshi, Tusshar Kapoor, Vivek Oberoi, Armaan Jain, Kriti Sanon and many more.

Each year over 1000 industry stalwarts, actors, directors, producers, technicians and composers among others cast their votes, which decide the nominations for the awards.

Each year, the Iifa management invites the Academy members and the film industry to cast their votes and shortlist nominations in the category of the Popular Awards.

The Voting Weekend also derives the Technical Award winners.

Kapoor shared, “I’m honored to be given the opportunity to cast the first vote and show my support to the institution that is the IIFA Weekend and Awards. I’ve been a Friend of IIFA for many years and I will always continue to support what I believe is the biggest congregation of the film industry and one that awaited by the entire fraternity year on year.” Wizcraft International Entertainment director Andre Timmins said, “We are very happy to announce that IIFA will be travelling to Malaysia this year. We had a great Weekend in Malaysia 13 years ago when we went to the Genting Highlands and the country has welcomed us back.

With its rich and diverse culture and the sheer beauty of the city of Kuala Lumpur we’re absolutely certain this year’s Iifa celebration will be a sight to behold.

Read more at: 

http://www.televisionpost.com/news/16th-edition-of-iifa-to-take-place-in-malaysia/

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock