19 channels slapped with show cause notices

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
The Government of India has issued 19 show cause notices to television channels this year. Six out of the 19 were issued with the notices for airing films which were ‘A’ rated by the Censor Board.

The information was provided by the Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting C M Jatua while responding to a question in the Lok Sabha.

Among the channels, Channel Enter 10 was issued a notice for airing 'Musafir' and 'Plan' which were 'A'certified hindi films in January.

Zing was issued a notice for broadcasting 'A' certified film 'Hawas', Manoranjan TV for 'Topless' and Enter 10 for 'Ashiq Banaya Aapne', in April. Manoranjan TV received another notice for 'Ek Chatur Naar' in May.

TCM TV channel was issued a notice for the telecast of 'Rich and Famous' in July.

The I&B Ministry stated that the action to be taken against all the channels including the was under consideration.

I&B Minister Ambika Soni, also added that the Indian Broadcasting Federation (IBF) and the News Broadcasters' Association (NBA) had asked their members to stop airing the advertorial 'third Eye of Nirmal Baba' on their channels.

Via MediaMughals

I & b ministry is busy to study to what channels present hence they ignore dth problem of spectrum. Shame on indian govt.

Enter 10, Manoranjan TV & Zing not available in T(S :wall

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock