3 DD Channels For NE Region soon.

channellover

Contributor
Reaction score
DD ArunPrabha for Arunachalpradesh & Sikkim
DD Ma-Mi-Na for Manipur, Mizoram & Nagaland
DD As-Me for Assam & Meghalaya

The three new proposed channels have been designated as “Arun Prabha” (Itanagar) and “Ma-Mi-Na” (Aizawl) and As-Me. “As soon as DD-ArunPrabha’, ‘DD-Ma-Mi-Na’ and ‘DD-As-Me’ go on air, we will be able to telecast more and more local programmes, including films and local tribal content keeping in view the border area,” said an Action Taken Note, which was released by the I&B Ministry, according to the Assam Tribune.

The I&B ministry plans to increase the number of Doordarshan channels for the North East region. Currently the entire region is served by a single Doordarshan channel.

A proposal has been drawn up to establish 3 Doordarshan channels for the North East viz: DD Arunprabha for Arunachal Pradesh and Sikkim; one for Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland; and a third channel for Assam and Meghalaya.

"A single state like Manipur has several languages which are spoken there. It is felt that there should be a single channel for every state. But launching a new channel also brings with it questions related to availability of manpower, viability, content" a senior official told the press.

In its report, a Parliamentary panel has urged the government to accord top priority to these channels & fix a timeframe for their operationalisation.

Source: 3 DD Channel for NE

Wow So 3 more DD Channels coming Soon for NE region :eek:hya:(

Others get Bullet Trains in National Budget and we North Eastern get very valuable DD Channels... ha ha ha...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock