4k set top box update?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I just purchased the 4k set top box yesterday, i guess i m on the previous firmware as i can't access the connected app option, also recording is not working for me, how do i do the software update manually or is there a way i can trigger it OTA? do i have to leave the settop box on standby every time for the update to trigger? i normally switch the box off at nights. Is there is a way we can trigger the software update by doing a factory reset?

Thanks.

Hi Guys,
I just purchased the 4k set top box yesterday, i guess i m on the previous firmware as i can't access the connected app option, also recording is not working for me, how do i do the software update manually or is there a way i can trigger it OTA? do i have to leave the settop box on standby every time for the update to trigger? i normally switch the box off at nights. Is there is a way we can trigger the software update by doing a factory reset?

Thanks.

is your box got updated automatically?

My 4k STB was swapped with another New 4k STB yesterday and it has older version of software
I contacted d2h, it seems they stopped 4k OTA , so I requested them to trigger OTA for firmware upgrade ,
I will let you know if I get update, any how you keep you box in standby/on mode.

By the way you can request for software upgrade by login to d2h at STB complaint

My 4k STB was swapped with another New 4k STB yesterday and it has older version of software
I contacted d2h, it seems they stopped 4k OTA , so I requested them to trigger OTA for firmware upgrade ,
I will let you know if I get update, any how you keep you box in standby/on mode.

By the way you can request for software upgrade by login to d2h at STB complaint
Yes i do, its on standby 90%, when i informed d2h about this 4 months back the engineer came to my place & said nothign can be done, there is no OTA for 4k stb now as he said they don't support the box anymore, you shouldn't have replaced your box as i doubt they will do the new firmware on OTA for 4k box now. I even requested the engineer to do a manual upgrade & he said they don't have it. what was the issue with your box? SO we can login in & push for software update online?

Cheers.

Last edited:
In my old box after upgrade the latest software 201 version (july 2017), my favorites getting erased randomly , we are forced to set it again and again
I compliant in Facebook and threatened to close the connection , then they replaced with new box yesterday , but I am sure it is not STB hardware issue ,
it is software issue. still I allowed them to change , now I have new problem of software upgrade :)

In my old box after upgrade the latest software 201 version (july 2017), my favorites getting erased randomly , we are forced to set it again and again
I compliant in Facebook and threatened to close the connection , then they replaced with new box yesterday , but I am sure it is not STB hardware issue ,
it is software issue. still I allowed them to change , now I have new problem of software upgrade :)
Wow you had the july 2017 firmware? i would have kept that cause now you lost the recording feature :-( does your new 4k stb support recording? mine doesn't so i guess it was a firmware that enabled it, did you call them for software upgrade request or did it online?

Thanks.

Version 201 Will provided recording, media player , internet connection , some apps , etc..

Wow you had the july 2017 firmware? i would have kept that cause now you lost the recording feature :-( does your new 4k stb support recording? mine doesn't so i guess it was a firmware that enabled it, did you call them for software upgrade request or did it online?

Thanks.
I requested but not yet uploaded

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock