5.1 Surround sound through HDMI

sujithkumar91

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone tell me how to get 5.1 surround sound through HDMI cable? currently am not getting surround sound as i have connected my set top to my sony blue ray home theater.

You need to select mode on your home theater only. In the Set-Top Box there is no settings. Also keep StarPlus HD and check.

arkarthik said:
B/W I forgot to mention I have connected using Optical cable.

Thank u for the reply. The below is the connection set up i have done:-

AIRTEL SET TOP BOX HDMI-> SONY TV HDMI PORT
HOME THEATER HDMI-> SONY TV HDMI PORT
SET TOP BOX OPTICAL OUT-> HOME THEATER OPTICAL IN

and i have changed the airtel set top box audio setting to dolby digital plus

after doing the above am able to get the dolby audio but after changing few channels the sound is getting dropped. Again i ll have to restart my set top box and home theater to get the sound back.

try removing the HDMI port from your TV to your Home Theater and try if the problem exists

sujithkumar91 said:
Thank u for the reply. The below is the connection set up i have done:-

AIRTEL SET TOP BOX HDMI-> SONY TV HDMI PORT
HOME THEATER HDMI-> SONY TV HDMI PORT
SET TOP BOX OPTICAL OUT-> HOME THEATER OPTICAL IN

and i have changed the airtel set top box audio setting to dolby digital plus

after doing the above am able to get the dolby audio but after changing few channels the sound is getting dropped. Again i ll have to restart my set top box and home theater to get the sound back.

Select Dolby Digital in SPDIF/Optical setting in STB casuse u select audio input in u r HT as Optical in so DD must be Selct in u r STB & then check with good DD Chanel ie. for Checking Asianet HD , NGC HD or SMS Select HD...
:tup

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock