Breaking 5 Channels removed from ADTV

Let me explain certain things

It is upto an operator to add a channel or broadcaster to arrive on a platform. Operators usually add channels based on viewer demand or if a channel is ready to pay carriage which the broadcaster decides depending on their requirements like reaching out to target audience or expsnding reach.

Fact is you will never get all channels on a platform, even if available it will keep adding or removing.

In this case Al Jazeera, DW TV might not have reached an amicable agreement with airtel on carriage fee which will get resolved soon. Most probably what i think is that airtel will try to enter agreement for dish d2h too if acquisition is happening and deal is completed

Also no company will tell u that we r removing a channel bcoz of carriage fee issue or even incase of pay channel if there is some problem. But yes in newspaper notice this might b mentioned

There is another case like Tata Sky not adding Colors Cineplex Bollywood or And Xplor HD where i feel broadcasters might b willing to pay carriage fee but Tata Sky deciding not to add it

Let me explain certain things

It is upto an operator to add a channel or broadcaster to arrive on a platform. Operators usually add channels based on viewer demand or if a channel is ready to pay carriage which the broadcaster decides depending on their requirements like reaching out to target audience or expsnding reach.

Fact is you will never get all channels on a platform, even if available it will keep adding or removing.

In this case Al Jazeera, DW TV might not have reached an amicable agreement with airtel on carriage fee which will get resolved soon. Most probably what i think is that airtel will try to enter agreement for dish d2h too if acquisition is happening and deal is completed

Also no company will tell u that we r removing a channel bcoz of carriage fee issue or even incase of pay channel if there is some problem. But yes in newspaper notice this might b mentioned

There is another case like Tata Sky not adding Colors Cineplex Bollywood or And Xplor HD where i feel broadcasters might b willing to pay carriage fee but Tata Sky deciding not to add it
DW is only International broadcaster with an Asian bulletin featuring India specific coverage. No other International broadcaster does same. They even got Eco India show. They even are syndicating Eco India to Epic Channel. Their TV documentaries has high traction among Indian audience on Internet. So it doesn't make any sense for them to leave country's one of the biggest DTH operator.

DW is only International broadcaster with an Asian bulletin featuring India specific coverage. No other International broadcaster does same. They even got Eco India show. They even are syndicating Eco India to Epic Channel. Their TV documentaries has high traction among Indian audience on Internet. So it doesn't make any sense for them to leave country's one of the biggest DTH operator.

Sometimes there are issues on which operators and broadcasters tend to disagree, as i have said most probably it will b sorted out soon. Public Broadcasters of different countries have limited funds allotted for carriage fee hence deals fall out if it does not suit their budget, in such cases they opt out of some platforms while remaining on few key ones... Negotiations keep going on and later it gets readded. I think this time ABC Australia will get added alongwith DW TV, distribution company is same for both in India and talks have been on for former's addition on airtel digital tv for quite some time ( i was told this when i mailed distribution company)

You can try connecting with distribution company or DW thru e mail to know reason or estimated time for readdition

Sometimes there are issues on which operators and broadcasters tend to disagree, as i have said most probably it will b sorted out soon. Public Broadcasters of different countries have limited funds allotted for carriage fee hence deals fall out if it does not suit their budget, in such cases they opt out of some platforms while remaining on few key ones... Negotiations keep going on and later it gets readded. I think this time ABC Australia will get added alongwith DW TV, distribution company is same for both in India and talks have been on for former's addition on airtel digital tv for quite some time ( i was told this when i mailed distribution company)

You can try connecting with distribution company or DW thru e mail to know reason or estimated time for readdition
No point of me doing same as I have made my mind about Airtel. DW is available on Tata Sky. But I would still be writing to them to discontinue the SD feed while keeping the HD feed. It will increase viewership. As FTA HD channel might attract huge number of viewership specially to watch those amazing documentaries DW produces.

No point of me doing same as I have made my mind about Airtel. DW is available on Tata Sky. But I would still be writing to them to discontinue the SD feed while keeping the HD feed. It will increase viewership. As FTA HD channel might attract huge number of viewership specially to watch those amazing documentaries DW produces.

Well, it is upto u buddy.... For me i always prefer writing to broadcasters, operators or distribution companies for answers to my queries or requests / suggestions. Nothing is perfect, just that each one's efforts can make things improve
DW HD does not have licence in India right now, u will just get the downscaled SD feed as u r getting now.

Also though i am always in favour of having wide variety of channels across genres on different platforms not withstanding its audience base but fact is removal of chs like DW does not effect much of subscriber base, till its gets readded niche audience can watch it online thru smart boxes or other mediums but yes it should not b permanently removed.

Here we r talking about DW not reaching agreement with airtel but i hope u remember at various stages different big broadcasters like Discovery, Star India, Sony etc having similar issues with various operators. It is all part of the business, one cannot keep changing operators bcoz of this

I think Tata Sky is stable in channels availability. As compared to Airtel, Tata Sky not frequently removing or readding channels on there platform.

This is not true. Tata Sky too drops and readds chs om many occasions.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock