60 Hz on new STB 2222

red4ever

Reaction score
Hi,

I got a new Videocon HD STB 2222 last month. I want to set the output to 1080i or 1080p at 60 Hz as my TV handles 60Hz better than 50Hz. I can find the place in the STB Settings menu for changing resolution but no matter what change i make there, the STB output is always 1080p at 50 Hz. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

kishor121 said:
ya i m to facing same issue still there is no setting to change that

Videocon D2H's technician just visited my place. It took a very long time for me to explain to him and his superior what the problem is. Thankfully, my playstation outputs in 60Hz and i could show that to him to illustrate that there's nothing wrong with my TV.

After all this talk, I've been told that there's a different software for NTSC TVs. The Customer Care representative has taken the STB with him for flashing the NTSC software and has promised to return it by tomorrow morning. Will update once I get the STB back, hopefully tomorrow.

red4ever said:
Videocon D2H's technician just visited my place. It took a very long time for me to explain to him and his superior what the problem is. Thankfully, my playstation outputs in 60Hz and i could show that to him to illustrate that there's nothing wrong with my TV.

After all this talk, I've been told that there's a different software for NTSC TVs. The Customer Care representative has taken the STB with him for flashing the NTSC software and has promised to return it by tomorrow morning. Will update once I get the STB back, hopefully tomorrow.

pls rply soon wating

The STB with updated software was delivered to my house today. I'm in office and will only be able to look at it once I'm back home late at night. Will share my observations by tomorrow.

Hi,

The STB was delivered back to me with no noticeable difference. It still outputs in 50Hz as before and changing the settings makes no difference. I've kinda given up on them.

Is there some place i can check to see what the current firmware no. is and if that's any different from what others on the forum have?

Thanks

red4ever said:
Hi,

The STB was delivered back to me with no noticeable difference. It still outputs in 50Hz as before and changing the settings makes no difference. I've kinda given up on them.

Is there some place i can check to see what the current firmware no. is and if that's any different from what others on the forum have?

Thanks

Following is the current soft with 2222 box

windows screen capture

free screenshot software

I have ordered a new STB with one year South Gold HD and expected to get the box in few hours. As I have 60Hz TV, I need to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock