Breaking 83 The Film - Kapil Dev Biopic | Ranveer Singh

83 now streaming in all Indian Languages on Hotstar as well as Netflix
7ttN6TO.jpg
CiGYYc1.jpg

Source

Last edited:
Saw this film today, there was so much propaganda being spread subtly in this film, which didn’t go unnoticed.
I guess our media is as such aswell... I literally remember many reviews calling on Special Ops which had Muslim flags and colors in some scenes, that why they had to be there.. I haven't had seen any reviews pointing out the things in 83... All the reviews were that positive for the film... No wonder it tanked at box-office.

Well to be extremely honest we should be more open to different views and opinions. Each person has a way of looking at things, understanding them and forming an opinion on it, filmmakers too tend to portray things based on this including researching for facts. Obviously some will agree with it and some will not but this is absolutely fine and how it is supposed to work in the world. If one is expecting all sides to agree on everything then this is impossible

I read the above tweet and on 1 or 2 points i agree that screenplay should have had a more balanced portrayal but on other points i feel again the thread writer has decoded meaning of certain things as per his or her understanding while director may b having entirely different interpretation of same.

Coming to agenda driven narrative, sure it happens across spectrum of people but then again these r their views and if one does not agree they r free to counter it using different mediums. Ultimately people have to look thru the lens on both narratives and form their opinion.

What should not be allowed is that if an agenda or view is harmful to any individual or social fabric/security of country or damaging in any other way. In this case too legal recourse should b the way to approach the issue thereby trying to resolve it

Some things like Riots in Nawabpur , army fight sequence where Pakistani General calls Indian General to tell , he won't fire so that Indian Army could listen to commentary could have been avoided . I mean without those scenes , movie could have been more crisper

Some things like Riots in Nawabpur , army fight sequence where Pakistani General calls Indian General to tell , he won't fire so that Indian Army could listen to commentary could have been avoided . I mean without those scenes , movie could have been more crisper
Number one all those scenes are fake and overly dramatised. That’s all the agenda that the Twitter thread and I are talking about.. I believe the movie could’ve been good if those scenes were not present

Number one all those scenes are fake and overly dramatised. That’s all the agenda that the Twitter thread and I are talking about.. I believe the movie could’ve been good if those scenes were not present
Yes , apart from those scenes , movie was emotional 💖

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock