9 New Channels coming soon from Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network

mmadhankumar

The Earth will be better without Us..
Staff member
Community Manager
Reaction score
Buoyed by growth in regional markets and the onset of digitisation, Sri Adhikari Brothers Television Network plans to launch nine channels by 2012-end in the regional general entertainment and niche spaces.

"We want to create a network of entertainment channels and distribution platform to exploit the subscription revenue market. The bouquet will have a strong line-up of all our group channels and special interest foreign channels," said Markand Adhikari, vice-chairman and managing director of Sri Adhikari Brothers.

The company will launch four general entertainment channels (GECs) by the end of September - Dholiya for viewers across Punjab, Haryana and Himachal Pradesh; My Boli and De Danna Dhan, two Marathi channels in the comedy genre; and a Gujarati channel, which is yet to be named. Adhikari said, "In addition, we will be launching five channels in the niche category, basically targeted at the male audience." For this, the company is in talks with various international players.

The company's three channels that are on air are Mastiii, a mix of comedy and music, Dabangg and Dhamaal, two channels for the Hindi belt. According to TAM data provided by the company, Mastiii leads the pack in the highly cluttered music genre, with a market share of 19.8 per cent, followed by 9xM (17.3 per cent) and Sony Mix (13.8 per cent). In the Hindi belt, Dabangg has a market share of over 57 per cent, while Mahua TV and Big Magic have 18 and 24 per cent, respectively.

Established in 1995, the production house forayed into broadcasting in April 2000 by launching a full-fledged comedy channel, SAB TV, through its subsidiary, TV Vision. It later sold the channel to Sony Entertainment Television (now Multi-Screen Media Pvt Ltd).

Full Report on afaqs

Anyone confirm me is B4U Entertainment and CNN music channels running or not ?
I have seen these channels in 2001-02 in NOIDA (Hathway Cable) but when i went in 2009 their is no such kind of channels.
I m missing "Rishta Yeh Kachche Dhagon ka" serial most (B4U Ent).
Sorry for OFF-TOPIC)

Very good news. hope they will be like masti. have d2h but missing masti on tata sky..

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock