DDF Exclusive 9x Media to Shut down english music channel 9XO wef 31th May

Bhai you don't understand how International music channels works. Record label ask to promote particular artist to sell their albums in particular month. Why do you think we have month specific album promotion on music channels? That's how you make money.

Yes, licensing agreement is also required to air songs. It isn't that expensive as you think.

I understand properly how this works but u r getting it wrong bhai. Also u know what bigger labels promote new artists on key chs by giving discounts in content price or even adding this as mandatory airing by including in agreement.

9XO or other such niche chs command premium ad slots but for that it needs to have decent share in this segment.... Anyways 9XO will surely b back but i hope it ties up with prominent broadcaster for distribution else again issues will persist

9X media was already struggling as it was on blocks for sale to Zee media. TRAI rules was the last nail in the coffin like others struggling to stay afloat due to high carriage fees like PPlus, Ptunes shut down and it is irony that music channels are facing the brunt. It would have been better as 9X media would fallen back on big broadcasters for distribution which have deep pockets to sustain.

Live Stream still available on Zee5, incase u r missing watching this ch. Though popular songs r not getting aired frequently like before, maybe reserve playlist being used till shutdown

9XO started testing again on Insat 4B. As i had told they temporarily halted transmission bcoz of ad crunch and now planning comeback. Yippee!
Really :surprised: I can't find the thread bro . Pls give me link.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock