A blockbuster evening marks 21 years of ‘Aap Ki Adalat’

Dileep Kumar

Reaction score
MUMBAI: India’s longest running television show ‘Aap Ki Adalat’ saw a gathering of icons including those from politics, sports, business and spirituality who came together to celebrate the 21 years of the show, with Rajat Sharma.

The attendee list sported names like President Pranab Mukherjee, PM Narendra Modi, Union ministers Arun Jaitley, Smriti Irani, Venkaiah Naidu, Suresh Prabhu, Ravi Shankar Prasad, Prakash Javadekar, Ram Vilas Paswan, Dharmendra Pradhan, Rajyavardhan Rathore and Najma Heptullah. BJP president Amit Shah, Lok Sabha Speaker Sumitra Mahajan and former LS Speaker P A Sangma also attended the event.

Chief Ministers Shivraj Singh Chauhan, Vasundhara Raje Scindia, and Harish Rawat were also present.

The three Khans of Bollywood, Shah Rukh, Salman and Aamir, along with others like Anil Kapoor, Ajay Devgn, Hema Malini, Anupam Kher, Sonakshi Sinha, Shatrughan Sinha, Rani Mukerji and cricketer Gautam Gambhir also attended the celebration.

PM Narendra Modi talking on what makesAap Ki Adalatso distinct and unfading observed, "In the 21 years of this show, nobody has been forced to reply, Rajat knows the art of extracting a reply through his sweet questioning. Another big quality of Rajat is that he uses his tongue sparingly in his show, but he uses his heart to the fullest. A clever mind works behind this.”

Anil Ambani, Gautam Adani, Hari Bharatia and Raj Kumar Dhoot were among the business tycoons who were present at the occasion. Other personalities who attended included noted Pakistani ghazal singer Ghulam Ali, Himesh Reshmiyya, Udit Narayan, Anu Malik, advertising guru and lyricist Prasoon Joshi, Rakhi Sawant, Dr. Naresh Trehan, Daler Mehdi, Sakshi Maharaj, Yogi Adityanath, Raju Srivastav, Shashi Sinha, and social activist Kiran Bedi.
Senior Congress leaders Kamal Nath, Sachin Pilot, Janardan Dwivedi, Salman Khurshid, Jagdish Tytler, Vijay Bahuguna, Rita Bahuguna, Renuka Chaudhary, Sushil Shinde, R K Dhawan, Dr. Karan Singh, JDU chief Sharad Yadav, RLD chief Ajit Singh, Amar Singh and Jaya Bachchan were also present at the event.

India TV chairman and editor in chief Rajat Sharma commented, "I am short of words to express how overwhelmed and humbled I feel right now. Over the last two decades I was simply focusing on doing my job right, I never expected the amount of affection and respect showered upon me by all including country's topmost icons."
“I am more than grateful to all and mostly to my viewers who have backed me all through as their advocate while I tried to amplify their voice with who mattered,” he added.

Speaking on the success of the mega event, India TV MD and CEO Ritu Dhawan observed, “When we first thought of marking the occasion, we always knew that this is going to be an industry benchmark, however I have no doubt now that our expectations have been hugely exceeded. This has been a truly superlative success & people will remember this for a very long time.”

Star Plus has also decided to be part of the celebrations. The event will be simulcast on both the channels - India TV and Star Plus on 7 December at 10 pm.

Cineyug, a premier event management companies managed the show that was hosted by singer Sonu Nigam.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/television/tv-channels/news-broadcasting/a-blockbuster-evening-marks-21-years-of-aap-ki-adalat-141203

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock