Seeking Help A la carte channel price

Aman Garbi

Reaction score
I was with Airtel HD setbox before going to Tata Sky. one thing I noted that Star Gold Select HD channel price different on both Platform. Means Tata Sky is costlier on that end. Is it possible that thing or not??

Yes, it is possible.

Star had declared the initial NTO pricing in 2018 which went live on Feb 2019. This RIO was signed by all DPOs as it was mandatory. After this many broadcasters have amended their RIOs multiple times for introducing bouquets, removing bouquets, modifying bouquets, changing a-la-carte rates, etc.

TRAI hasn't capped the number of changes that broadcasters can make to their RIO, however, at the same time, they haven't made it compulsory for DPOs to sign revised RIOs every time broadcaster amends their RIO. Star last amended its initial RIO in May to integrate Disney channels, launch 15 new bouquets, modify bouquets, ala-carte rate etc.

Airtel has signed the revised May RIO wherein Tata Sky is on the older RIO version. Hence, the change in SGS HD price on both platforms as Star had reduced SGS HD price to Rs 8 in May 2019.

DDF Exclusive - 15 New Bouquets and Disney channels integrated into Star India RIO

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock