A short review of Independent TV

• Thread starter Zero7
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 11,121

Zero7

Contributor
Reaction score
I got the Independent TV installed two days ago and to summarize in one word “disappointed’. I feel it is a major downgrade from Videocon D2h which I have been using, Here is why :-

My Setup: TV- 55” LED 1080P, Independent TV HD box, Videocon D2h 1000Gb DVR, Onkyo Home theater system (5.1)
First impression: Cheap looking hardware and remote, a major degrade in SD and considerably low picture quality in HD too. (Audio- haven’t tested much yet.)

Pros:
  • Remote control comes with learning options for TV power button, volume up/down, input source selection
  • Very compact set top box. Can be conveniently kept near the TV, almost hidden. (Uses IR remote, so you can’t completely hide it behind the TV)
  • Channel changing is faster than D2h. Fairly quick.
  • 10 sets of favorite channels.

Cons:
  • Picture quality (1.5/5) – Highly compressed pictures, blotchy in moving scenes. You can’t change 4:3 pic to Pillar Box. It’s stretched by default.
  • HD: 2/5 (Comparing with 1080P Amazon Prime / Netflix Videos- let’s say 5/5, D2h-3.5/5). Sports channels are better than entertainment channels
  • SD: 1/5 (D2h 2.5 to 3 /5) – Picture is grainy, very patchy and hazy/ blotchy if it is a moving scene. You can compare to 360P videos on YouTube on a big screen. Some channels are completely unwatchable..
  • Sound Quality- 2/5- Huge variation in volume level between channels. Detailed testing not done yet. Just used TV speakers so far
  • Firmware issues:
  • Settings doesn’t get saved for resolution setting. If I set 1080P/50Hz- it goes back to 1080i/5Hz.
  • Picture settings cannot be changed to pillar box for SD (4:3) channels
  • You cannot rearrange favorite channels in the preferred order. Under the 10 favorite sets, channels get saved in the ascending order as per channel number

Also please note that only one regional language is available for Sun Channels.

For Vertical (V) polarity signal quality level is 35 to 37% and for Horizontal (H) polarity it is about 42%. Please let me know, if it is the same for you. (My location is Bengaluru)

I haven’t watched it for more than 30 minutes so far.

Last edited:
Jio like a dream when we sleep in night dream comes a supermodel marriage with us. When the dream broken we see the clock .uh abhi to 6 baje the😋🤗🤗🤗🤗

I connected to 90CM dish antenna today and signal level improved by 8 to 15% on various transponders. There is some level of picture quality improvement as well.

Bro if you have d2h or other dish antennas you got better signal there antenna was cheap than other

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock