Aamir all set to write new film, Kiran to direct

sunveer

Reaction score
Mumbai: Not only has he been a prolific actor and filmmaker, Aamir Khan has even penned the story for one of his early films - 'Qayamat Se Qayamat Tak' and wrote the screenplay for 'Hum Hai Rahi Pyar Ke'.

Now, he is all set to wield the magic of the pen with a new script that he is co-writing with wife Kiran, cousins Mansoor and Nuzhat Khan.

Speaking to IBNLive, Aamir divulges his plans, "I intend to work once again as a writer. I have been co-writing a script with Kiran, Mansoor and Nuzhat. We start next month."
Aamir all set to write new film, Kiran to direct

Holding his plans close to his chest, the filmmaker chooses to give out only limited information: "It is originally my idea which I discussed with the rest. But the process is still in a very early stage."

Surprisingly, Aamir does not want to direct this project and instead says Kiran will be taking over the director's hat.

He also adds that the film that will take shape from the script will belong to the mainstream genre. But he does not rule out further participation in the project. He admits, "Hopefully I will be acting in the film." Some of his most recent films like Peepli Live, Dhobi Ghat and Taare Zameen Par have all been offbeat films.

Apart from dishing out these details, Aamir chose to keep mum on the project. However, he said that if the script works out, he will start work on the film only after he wraps up his next film Dhoom 3. He said, "If the script gets locked in another four to five months, then I can confirm it in another six months."

Source: ibnlive.in.com

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock