Abhay Deol in India’s first Zombie film

kramkumar

Contributor
Reaction score
MUMBAI: Abhay Deol will star in Shaadi of the Dead, India’s first Zombie film.

Navdeep Singh, who had directed i, will helm the project.

Asked to detail about the film, iRock CEO Siddharth Jain said: “I am very proud to be the producer of India's first zombie-comedy film. It's going to be an iconic 'youth' film as far as I am concerned, and will redefine youth entertainment for this decade in India."

Incidentally, Jain had recently announced about making the film while participating in a panel discussion on 'Market Research for Indian Cinema: Gut Feel vs. Market Realities' at the recently concluded Ficci FRAMES 2011.

In the West, Zombie films have a cult following and some of the top-notch directors like Danny Boyle have attempted this genre.

Zombies are dead people who are reanimated as mindless and disfigured creatures. These films are pure fantasies and are characterised by free flowing blood and gore, and extreme kind of unappetizing and mindless mayhem.

http://www.indiantelevision.com/aac/y2k11/aac313.php

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock