About CAM &CARD

quickboy

Reaction score
A conditional access module (CAM) is an electronic device, usually incorporating a slot for a smart card, which equips an Integrated Digital Television or set-top box with the appropriate hardware facility to view conditional access content that has been encrypted using a conditional access system.

Definition by wikipedia

The primary purpose of the CAM is to derive control words, which are short-term decryption keys for decrypting the encrypted content

Here is a few pics of an old cam which worked in early 90s

fe2c385e.jpg

see the pcmcia type connector

9a481fee.jpg

This goes inside the Common Interface slot on your stb

657cc326.jpg

See the cam inserted in the CI slot
abbcfca9.jpg

Like Dish Freedom,
Can We View Sun direct Channels In any Fta irdeto Stb By This irdeto Cam ?

probablly YES , but you need correct recent sun irdeto2 version cam moudles placed in the reciver , not every cam card communicate in between the descrembler and the cam , each and every encryption have thair own decryption , and communication algorithm

Many Cable Operator or Peoples use Multichoice Africa (DStv) Cam here and View Sports And many other channels.
@ quickboy
Can i know about channel name or package that Viewing By your cam

Vikram said:
Many Cable Operator or Peoples use Multichoice Africa (DStv) Cam here and View Sports And many other channels.
it was earlier this year till may , i think

then after the DSTV service was removed from c band intelsat 7/10 , although it is still in KU , not reciveable in india

from another sat 36 E , that also not possible in india

nice info Quickboy bro.can you tell what is the price?

and i want to buy a cam where i can get it?

Vikram said:
Like Dish Freedom,
Can We View Sun direct Channels In any Fta irdeto Stb By This irdeto Cam ?

not this one you need a cam that supports mpeg-4 format, THis was mpeg-2 (old one)

Bapun Raz said:
nice info Quickboy bro.can you tell what is the price?

and i want to buy a cam where i can get it?

dont know the price, This came with a Eurostar EB-9900 STB which one of my cousins brought from UAE long back, I think it is still working , Because if I inserted it in the stb it shows "initailizing cam now" , message

vishvish said:
Vikram said:

then after the DSTV service was removed from c band intelsat 7/10 , although it is still in KU , not reciveable in india

Vishvish brother can we see DSTV sports on KU in sri lanka?

cmb_sat said:
vishvish said:
Vikram said:

Vishvish brother can we see DSTV sports on KU in sri lanka?

no chance

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock