Discussion About &TV future

Shantanu

Contributor
Reaction score
Recent discussion with ashish sehgal about &tv ratings & future is summarised as below.

1.Because of so much of fragmentation from FTA and other things, BARC is not representing the right potential of the channel. Or that’s what they feel.

2. they will now focus on bringing newer better shows on &TV to push ratings. Better production quality, better marketing and to create awareness. Because it is a late entrant, there might be some hitches in the rural connectivity, and that’s how it is not seen in the rural charts. But it performs well in urban.

3.when asked about channel will get axe, he said as it's a flagship channel of & brand. they're launch more channels under this brand. so they'll not close down the channel.instead they'll look towards it's betterment.

Ashish Sehgal clears rumours about &TV future

It will b good if revamped and launch new channels under & brand:win:

It's been several months since Andtv, a zee channel, disappeared from top 10 urban rankings. What will be it's future? Zeel has made it clear that it wouldn't shut it down as it's expanding the channels under "&" umbrella. Lets discuss what should be done to the channel.

We all know &tv is performing almost worst. zee already invested well in channel nut all attempts are failed.even showslike high fever & voice india can't make the channel popular. irony is they even lost to FTA channels like zee anmol,star utsav,etc.

Only option to make channel visible in rating chart is to make channel available on DDFD like star bharat.

But puneet goenka has denied that & here is his answer on the same.

Vikash Mantri: Great. Now coming on to the &TV. If I were to look at Star Bharat’s performance after it has been available on Free Dish, let us not use FTA, clearly, they have become, let me not say as strong but at least in terms of impressions, the ratings are quite similar to us. And when I say us, I mean Zee TV. &TV, however, seems to have now plateaued at this point. So, what needs to be done or should we go with the Star Bharat model?

Punit Goenka: I think it is too early to say that we need to go with the Star Bharat model because as you will be aware Vikash, ‘&’ as a brand has been built for the new India and the urban market. So, just being available on DD Free Dish will not have the same impact necessarily as you have seen on Star Bharat. Definitely, if we were to change our content strategy and our positioning of the channel, that is one route what we can look at. But we believe that the brand that we have created with ‘&’, and not just with &TV but &Pictures and now &Privé, has a really solid brand recall in terms of differentiated content not coming from the house of Zee, let me put it that way. And I think, we need to build on that by having more sharper content execution on &TV for it to start moving. So, the word plateau, while I accept you are right that it is been stable at that number, but our endeavor will be to continue to grow it further within the same genre as it is.

Same can be found out here in
Concall Transcripts for Q3 2018
Investor Releases - ZEE Entertainment Corporate Website

AndTv has released the promo of two upcoming shows. One will fill the 7:30 slot.

Possibly, as few months back there was an orange variant of the channel's logo floating around on Zee's Twitter

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock