Active Music as Worldspace alternative

Harsha

Reaction score
Ever since Worldspace shut down in India some 6-7 years ago finding advt-free music without having to download them off the net or having to sacrifice your bandwidth (given all the FUP limits). 

Has anyone considered using the DTH STB as an alternative worldspace like solution?

There are 12 audio channels in Imusic. 

I have connected the STB to a simple speaker to enjoy the multiple audio channels on Active music.

To preview the screen and change channels iI use "EasyCap USB 2.0" with an Android App on my phone. 

I'm not sure if anyone has tried this with any other STB/DTH service... if anyone is interested i can post details and pictures. 

I am not clear abt wat is your idea ... can you post pics ... I want to know !

rockstar08 said:
I am not clear abt wat is your idea ... can you post pics ... I want to know !

Recording audio via USB tv tuner. User's posting behaviour indicates a deliberate marketing strategy for Easy Cap USB 2.0 product btw. It's pirating and illegal.

He is marketing the product and posted the same information on airtel thread.. Why one should go for a radio at 200 per month approx.. There are tons of services like gaana, wynk, etc to provide services legally.... And everyone will know we wont get 320kbps quality music from a dth... Worldspace ripped and thats the reason.. No one will do it unless they have money as a kercheif... Pls ban him. He posted exact thing on other threads too

Just to clarify...

This is  just a simple attempt to demonstrate the use of the DTH STB as a music device - without a connected TV... just speakers.

At no stage have I said or intended to record the programmes... audio or video... that is pure speculation. Neither have I anything to do with the product mentioned... next someone will say that I'm trying to sell TataSky Active music (Or Airtel Imusic) subscription... :)

I'm merely using the USB device to 'preview' the screen in case i have to change the channel.

The reason for posting on both the forums was that I have both Airtel and TataSky and I have tried this on both the STBs... it works well. If I was marketing the USB product why would I post only here.... Why not VideoconD2H... Why not RelianceBig... Why not SunDirect... - think for a moment my friends!

I never said I was recording the music - another assumption.

This post was merely to explore a new aspect of satellite TV/Music. - especially useful for people in remote areas where data/4g/bandwidth/FUP limitations restrict the availability of good quality ad-free music.

And finally - about the cost - you are free to spend your money and time in any way that you please... I'm not stopping you. Please do not criticize the choices made by others.

If the moderators still feel this is a violation of this forum... by all means take down the post. However, if people are still interested in the process/connections I'll post some pictures.

Cool down boss. I think you didn't do any harm. I just said my thoughts. Anyway thanks for the info.

PS: If one have STB and TV, why do you need TV Tuner?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock