• Start date
  • Replies: Replies 12
  • Views: Views 3,184

jayanji

Contributor
Reaction score
Bollywood in shock: Actress Jiah Khan commits suicide

25-year old hung herself at home in Mumbai

Britain-born Bollywood actress Jiah Khan has allegedly committed suicide in Mumbai on Monday night.

Indian daily Times of India reports, the 25-year-old actor reportedly hanged herself at her Juhu residence. Jiah, who was brought up in England, had shifted her base to Mumbai with her mother Rabiya recently.

It is also reported that the actress was struggling with depression for some time due to personal issues, but was keen on returning to acting soon. She had also started meeting filmmakers regarding projects.

According to the police her maid, watchman and neighbours are being interrogated to find out who her last visitors were. Police sources said that the incident happened at about 11pm and no suicide note was found. The body has been sent to hospital for postmortem.

The actress, whose real name is Nafisa Khan, debuted in Hindi-language cinema in 2007 opposite Bollywood icon Amitabh Bachchan. Ram Gopal Verma's film 'Nishabd', was controversial for its portrayal of illicit relationship between a young girl and an elderly married man.

She also acted opposite Aamir Khan in 'Ghajini' and Akshay Kumar in 'Housefull'. She was also nominated for the Filmfare Best Debut Award.
Jiah had a fortnight back tweeted, "So sorry I have been off twitter! Took a bit of a break from twitter verse.. sometimes u need a sabbatical to recollect ur thoughts."

me_saket said:
very sad

waiting for reason

Official says that failure in her work career and relationship with her boyfriend. Since was talking to her boyfriend over phone before she commits suicide.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock