ADTV Poor Customer Service Experience

Boombastic_2k

Reaction score
:angry ADTV contact center should be officially crowned "The most painful customer service team" in the DTH domain.

Apart from the regular debacles that I keep having with ADTV service teams for not troubleshooting my ADTV related hardware issues at one go (or within the estimated 24 hrs resolution time), the recent most experience of mine with their customer service team takes the cake.

After hearing about the 7 day free top-up offer of Star Gold HITZ and Superhitz channels yesterday, I first SMSed to get those channels activated. But since I have taken up ADTV's multi-tv connection, the SMS activations and de-activations have stopped working.

So 45 mins after sending the SMSes, I reluctantly called up their contact center for which I had to bear their pathetic IVR promotional song for a good 12 mins after which an innocent voice said "Hello".

Firstly, I thanked the Almighty for providing me a speaking slot with this great dept, and then I politely asked the ADTV phone representative to activated these two top-ups on both my STBs. Very promptly, the representative came back after placing me on a brief hold and told me the job is done in a proud tone.

Not being able to trust that representative (learning from my past experiences with ADTV customer service), I asked her to hold the phone while I check whether the activations are appropriately done. On checking, I found both channels activated on my first STB, while only Superhitz channel was activated on the 2nd. When I enquired with the representative as to why this is the case, she proclaimed in a very confident tone that the activation has been done and it normally takes 45 mins for all new channels to get activated. Some how I didn't believe her logic and asked her to check the system whether Star Gold HITZ has been appropriately added to my 2nd STB box or not. On that note, the representative (who seemed to have lost her patience on me by then) told me there is no need to check and hung up on me.

Having smelt a rat, I checked my ADTV account online the next day only to realise that the joke was on me. AND GUESS WHAT THE JOKE WAS - this extra smart representative had actually activated Star Gold Plus top-up on my 2nd STB (with a deduction of Rs. 12 NRC) instead of Star Gold HITZ that was asked for.

What followed next was a rigorous follow-up with the contact center and a 40 mins odd escalation to an ADTV contact center supervisor about this frivolous episode to get the wrong top-up removed and charged back and also get to know that I won't have the privilege to watch 7 day free preview of Star Gold HITZ channel as it was a one day offer, and they cannot do anything inspite of the fact that I had called in to activate that channel yesterday itself.

I just couldn't take this sh#t anymore and asked the supervisor to also de-activate the free top-ups that there activated yesterday in my account as I was in no mood to call these jerks 7 days later and face such crap again.

Having wasted such a lot of time in the name of activating channels, I felt I should share this experience with all the ADTV users in India, so that you can be on your guard too while interacting with the ADTV contact center. One should take note of the following things to avoid such debacles:
1) While on the phone with the ADTV representative, ensure you keep then on hold and check at that point of time itself whether the required channel has been added or not. Normally, channels get added in a min's time. Also, another check point would be the SMS notifications on your registered mobiles that show up as soon as the request is processed by the ADTV representative.
2) Also, if possible, go online at the same time and check whether the changes (in case of channel activation/deactivation & charge backs) reflect on the system.

That's it from me with a sincere hope that none of you have to undergo such lunatic moments with the inefficient ADTV customer service teams in future.

CC is very pathetic
its better to contact them through email or on Facebook @ airtelpresence

M@zh@R said:
CC is very pathetic
its better to contact them through email or on Facebook @ airtelpresence

Thanks for your response, Mazhar.

Which email id can I send my ADTV change requests?
Also was wondering whether I can get prompt resolutions on my channels activation/deactivation requests if I send an email or a message @Airtel Presence on FB.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock