Breaking Advisory issued to Reality Shows Portrayal of Children

Abhinav

Editor-in-Chief, DreamDTH News
Staff member
Solutions
Reaction score
I&B Ministry has asked all private satellite TV channels to avoid showing children in an indecent, suggestive and inappropriate manner in dance reality shows or other such programmes.

The ministry noticed that several dance-based reality TV shows portray young children performing dance moves that were originally done by adults.

Ministry said “These moves are often suggestive and age-inappropriate. Such acts may also have distressing impact on children, impacting them at a young and impressionable age.”

Centre's Advisory Over "Indecent" Portrayal Of Children In Reality Shows

Off topic : DSport is violating several rules. In an Episode of Lucha Underground Tessa's outfit was very revealing. And in another episode of Ring of Honor Silas Young was smoking cigarettes without any warning. Don't know why is MIB not doing anything about this.

I&B Ministry has asked all private satellite TV channels to avoid showing children in an indecent, suggestive and inappropriate manner in dance reality shows or other such programmes.

The ministry noticed that several dance-based reality TV shows portray young children performing dance moves that were originally done by adults.

Ministry said “These moves are often suggestive and age-inappropriate. Such acts may also have distressing impact on children, impacting them at a young and impressionable age.”

Centre's Advisory Over "Indecent" Portrayal Of Children In Reality Shows

Correct step but came too late. Current and previous seasons of Super Dancer on Sony had many such objectionable moments. Also Little Stars on Jeet Prime is much worse and children r shown performing extremely indecent acts with often inappropriate costumes and loud behaviour.

Off topic : DSport is violating several rules. In an Episode of Lucha Underground Tessa's outfit was very revealing. And in another episode of Ring of Honor Silas Young was smoking cigarettes without any warning. Don't know why is MIB not doing anything about this.
These measures are only for major channels i feel. The other day i was watching an old episode of shin Chan and they're now excessively censoring for no reason. Shin Chan drew a picture of a Butt which imo is nothing to be censored. It's really sad they're ruining everything by censoring unnecessarily.

Kochikame's intro was also censored when it last aired on hungama because the lady officer wears a bikini. I grew up watching all this uncensored and i am still a normal person.

DSport has failed to take off hence must be trying to quote controversy deliberately to come in limelight just like some unsuccessful celebrities do in showbiz. :)

These measures are only for major channels i feel. The other day i was watching an old episode of shin Chan and they're now excessively censoring for no reason. Shin Chan drew a picture of a Butt which imo is nothing to be censored. It's really sad they're ruining everything by censoring unnecessarily.

Kochikame's intro was also censored when it last aired on hungama because the lady officer wears a bikini. I grew up watching all this uncensored and i am still a normal person.
Now I get why Kochikame got discontinued. It was my favourite manga at that time. I miss my childhood 4:30 pm was Doraemon. 5 pm was Kochikame. 5:30 pm was Shinchan time. At day time it was Bob The Builder, Thomas and Friends and Make Way For Noddy. I was one of the luckiest kids who got sick very often. I enjoyed all the shows.😜

Bhai,,this cannot and should not be allowed on kids channels. U find showing picture of butt or lady in bikini fine in cartoons and same be consumed by impressionable minds . I find this surprising.

Also please don't bring in era of 90's or 2000's as rules were not properly followed during that time bcoz of host of reason, infact key guidelines came much later and above all people objected at that time too but no presence of social media or limited news channels meant that hyper sensationalism was non existent.

I am alright if u request that butt scene of Ranveer Singh in Befikre is allowed on TV during watershed hours but Shinchan's butt should remain covered always :)

Also Comedy Central has many inappropriate ads of Voot's 'Fa' say Fantasy'. Two and a Half Men is on air. But the inappropriate thing on tv at that moment were those ads.

Also Comedy Central has many inappropriate ads of Voot's 'Fa' say Fantasy'. Two and a Half Men is on air. But the inappropriate thing on tv at that moment were those ads.
Two and a half men is censored, original is only available on OTT like Prime Video

@dino29 bro my nephew is in 2nd grade and is already given access to smartphones with internet and PC too. His mother has taught him good values but they couldn't stop his smartphone use. Can we be assured that he will not be exposed to n*d*ty there? I feel smartphones are much more damaging to a child than censoring these shows.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock