After Deepika Padukone & Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha is all set to turn producer

rahul1117kumar

Contributor
Reaction score
Sonakshi Sinha is the latest actress to join the list of actresses like Priyanka Chopra, Sonam Kapoor and Deepika Padukone. She soon aims to venture into production with her own banner. Earlier we had Priyanka Chopra’ s Purple Pebble pictures producing a Punjabi, Bhojpuri and Marathi movies and even Anushka Sharma’s Clean slate productions who produced NH 10 and Phillauri. With Sonakshi Sinha joining this list, we can say that our B town actresses want to focus on other aspects of filmmaking along with acting. We like the way they are expanding their horizon and attempting to do something different.

As per reports by a leading tabloid, the actress confirmed this latest report by saying, “That is the next step, given my experience in the industry. I am waiting for a story that appeals to me strongly.” So what kind of movies will she like to produce and she states, “I want to back films that have performance-oriented roles.”

What does this actress think about the new change in industry where women centric movies are being made and she says, “It’s a positive change that more heroine-driven projects are being attempted now. But the fact that they are not making as much money as other films shows that, as a society , we are lagging behind in accepting things. In the West, films are not defined by gender. So, we must stop calling films women-centric. We don’t call other films male-centric, do we? The change will be more evident then.“

There were similar reports few years back which suggested that she’s pairing up with her brothers Luv and Kush to produce a movie under her home banner. Buzz was also that filmmaker Umesh Shukla was planning a political thriller for the trio. When asked about it, she said, “No, there’s nothing happening there. It was a speculation.”

Staying in the industry as a mere actor is an old thing now. Many a times there are instances that actresses want to portray a different character in the movie but they aren’t approached with new kind of roles. Being a producer gives you some creative freedom to a certain extent and you can then experiment with other genres. The trend is not just in actresses and you can find them in males as well. We have Ranbir Kapoor, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan and Akshay Kumar who have their production houses and have produced some great movies under it. While Anushka and Sonam’s attempt have been sort of successful, we now wait to see if Priyanka Chopra and Sonakshi Sinha produce the desired results.

After Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra, Sonakshi Sinha is all set to turn a producer - Bollywoodlife.com

So More money with them ..so now started producing movies ;)

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock