After Manthan, SitiCable tries to poach DTH customers

tech_genie

Reaction score
After Manthan, SitiCable tries to poach DTH customers

Sometime back, city-headquartered Manthan Broadband Services announced a scheme to poach Dish TV customers after the DTH provider created sub-brand ‘Zing’ to offer STBs at a lower price and target regional markets.

Now, SitiCable Network is all set to follow in Manthan’s footsteps with an exchange scheme for DTH customers so they can opt for SitiCable services without having to pay anything for STBs as well as their installation in DAS I and II areas.

126.jpg

According to Kolkata director Suresh Sethiya, the scheme called ‘Value for Money’ will be launched next month. Sethiya further informed that SitiCable is aiming to install another 3 lakh STBs in West Bengal by the end of April. “Customers choosing SitiCable services instead of their DTH service providers will also have the option of going for channel packages that regular customers get and this is a value for money proposition for them,” he added.

How will SitiCable gain through the scheme? “Well, the scheme is to increase our market presence and not to increase our topline or bottomline. We want to be market leaders. And once we are able to convert DTH customers to our customers, we will think of monetizing it,” answered Sethiya.

On the installation of an additional 3 lakh STBs, he said that the company was eager to increase its penetration in the state as cable TV digitisation was in full swing across the eastern region. “We would always try to retain its number one position here,” he said. “We are upbeat about our penetration and growth in West Bengal. In North Bengal too, we are looking at some acquisition and forming a joint venture with local partners.”

While West Bengal is one of the most important markets for SitiCable in the eastern region, the company also has a good presence in Patna, Odisha and Jharkhand. A cable analyst said on the condition of anonymity, “The eastern region accounts for around 40 per cent of the revenue to SitiCable and is one of the most important markets for the company.”

The company is also present in six out of the seven north-eastern states. Commenting on Manthan’s scheme and now SitiCable, the cable analyst said, “In the coming months, we expect more such announcements by players of different categories to poach each others’ business and clients.”

Source: After Manthan, SitiCable tries to poach DTH customers | Indian Television Dot Com

Good to see two ESSEL GROUP companies Siti Cable and Zing Digital (dishtv) are fighting with each other in WB.

A Manthan cable Guy said me that you Exchange your DISH TV STB and i will give you a :hd STB instead of that

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock