Age no hurdle, job must be done: Amitabh Bachchan

Reaction score
JAIPUR: After a hectic trip to the Ajmer dargah, Amitabh Bachchan came to the city where he met scribes at a press conference. The Big Man of the film industry spoke to TOI. Excerpts:

Many critics believe that the film Bbuddah Hoga Terra Baap has a slow first half and a well-edited second half? Do you think some more sequences and scenes could have been incorporated to make it an wholesome and interesting film?

I don't think so. People have their own opinions and suggestions. I had seen the film not as the actor, but as a cinegoer at a theatre after a long time in Hyderabad. Let me tell you, I liked the film in totality and I was actually entertained by the talented director Puri Jagannadh's project.
Did you experience any pain, lethargy while shooting for the film especially in the fight sequences, since you are almost 70?

When I have been assigned a job, I can't shy away from it because of my age. I gave my best to ensure that all scenes especially the fight ones looked real. I did not experience any pain and let me tell you that I accomplished the job well within the stipulated deadline.

Given a choice, will you act with your grandchildren?

It depends on whether they would want to act. It also depends on the script and the role I am offered. I would be thrilled to share the screen space with them.

You have been a successful blogger. People have liked your writing style. Since there's a dearth of good scriptwriters, would you like to try in this domain?

I personally believe that writing in Hindi cinema needs improvement. I don't think scriptwriting is my cup of tea. Mujhey Kahan likhna aata hai bhai saab.

Filmmakers are coming up with projects which have a social message. What is your take on corruption and the quota issue?

I think corruption and reservation are becoming major problems. I am doing a Prakash Jha film Aarakshan. I think filmmakers should definitely come up with more films and ideas depicting social messages.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/bollywood/news-interviews/Age-no-hurdle-job-must-be-done-Amitabh-Bachchan/articleshow/9106477.cms

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock