DDF Exclusive Airtel Digital TV implemented Discovery India NTO 2.0 Prices from 18-Mar-2023

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 21
  • Views: Views 4,110

TJ_DJ

Contributor
Reaction score
airtel Digital TV has implemented the NTO 2.0 Prices of Discovery India w.e.f 18-Mar-2023. Some of the changes are bizzare.
I think even the Broadcaster released document has several flaws. Refer the NTO 2.0 revised list here: Discovery India NTO 2.0 Prices

Here's an example. Take for instance, the bouquet: HD Infotainment + Kids Pack
Earlier (Pre-NTO 2.0), this pack had the following four channels and was priced Rs 8.
  1. Discovery HD World
  2. Animal Planet HD World
  3. TLC HD world
  4. Discovery Kids Channel

Now, they have just added 6 more channels to this list, and increased the same bouquet price to Rs 22 which is a 175% increase.
  1. Cartoon Network HD+
  2. Discovery Science
  3. Discovery Turbo
  4. Pogo
  5. Cartoon Network
  6. Investigation Discovery HD
This has resulted in the bouquet price increasing from Rs 8 to Rs 22 without any information to me. Isn't this unethical? I did not want, nor did I plan to subscribe to these additional channels. Why should I be paying more? Also, airtel could have at least informed me by SMS that my DBR / Monthly Rental is going to increase, by SMS or email but they have done none.

Requesting others to confirm as well - they might have also faced such unknown increase in their overall DBR.

Last edited:
@TJ_DJ do you mean that they removed existing old Discovery broadcaster boquet from your plan and replaced it with the new corresponding boquet with higher price ? Coz these packs were available from 1st Feb itself. For 4 to 5 days they had both old and new packs and then by arond 6th Feb they removed old Broadcaster bouquets and for new addition new packs were only available from around 6th Feb.

Can u please post the screenshot or any proof to validate above claims as until now prices were increased only for a-la-carte channels (as per revised NTO 2.0 prices declared by broadcasters in New RIO) and same was informed to subscribers via message on RMN. New broadcaster bouquet were still not implemented nor r available to subscribers for opting them.

Warner Media and Discovery HD channels r part of my current DPO bouquet (constituted based on combining previous broadcaster bouquets as available in previous RIO) and prices until now have remained unchanged for it . Only for a-la-carte channels i have subscribed as on Feb 1 or thereafter there has been revision (increase/decrease) of prices as per changes announced by broadcasters in their New RIO.

Had u taken these broadcaster bouquets separately (not part of DPO bouquet ) ? If so maybe Airtel Digital TV would have now implemented new prices/Broadcaster Bouquet and if so then same r likely to be available soon to subscribers on app or other modes to opt for them. Based on ur bouquets subscribed Airtel Digital TV would have shifted u to best fit new broadcaster bouquet which contains all these channels, still please confirm the same with Airtel Digital TV.

No such changes have been done in my account until now

Can u please post the screenshot or any proof to validate above claims as until now prices were increased only for a-la-carte channels (as per revised NTO 2.0 prices declared by broadcasters in New RIO) and same was informed to subscribers via message on RMN. New broadcaster bouquet were still not implemented nor r available to subscribers for opting them.
Here's the screenshot. This HD Bouquet was actually Rs 8 + GST = Rs 9.44
However, I havent changed anything and now it costs Rs 22 + GST = Rs 25.96 without any intimation to me.
You may also check yourself on your airtel Thanks App, by selecting Bouquets and then checking Discovery India bouquets. All prices have been revised and the DBR is also updated now (without informing me)
qCaH3fc.jpg

Last edited:
He is clearly talking about broadcaster boquets only bro.

I think you have discovery channels as part of LDP DPO opted before 1st Feb. I also have LDP till 15th Jul. Airtel already informed that these packs will not be changed till pack expiry.

No. I have subscribed to monthly DPO bouquet which constitutes Warner Media and Discovery Network channels by combining their old broadcaster bouquet. There has been no price revision done for the same or other broadcaster bouquets which r part of DPO bouquet. Prices revised only for a-la-carte channels which r part of my subscription

Here's the screenshot. This HD Bouquet was actually Rs 8 + GST = Rs 9.44
However, I havent changed anything and now it costs Rs 22 + GST = Rs 25.96 without any intimation to me.
You may also check yourself on your airtel Thanks App, by selecting Bouquets and then checking Discovery India bouquets. All prices have been revised and the DBR is also updated now (without informing me)
qCaH3fc.jpg

From Feb 1 until last night when i checked new broadcaster bouquets were not updated on airtel app...this section just had few airtel add on packs listed

No. I have subscribed to monthly DPO bouquet which constitutes Warner Media and Discovery Network channels by combining their old broadcaster bouquet. There has been no price revision done for the same or other broadcaster bouquets which r part of DPO bouquet. Prices revised only for a-la-carte channels which r part of my subscription
Please share screenshots bro.

New broadcaster bouquet were still not implemented nor r available to subscribers for opting them.
New broadcaster bouquets were available from february itself in the app. For few days both old & new bouquets & airtel packs were available but later the old one was removed. People who were on MYOP with broadcaster bouquets in them, their monthly rent was also increased due to increase in bouquets price. After few days, even the active DPO packs price were also increased OR shifted to nearest best fit plan. Even my plan was also updated by airtel few days back.
All these updates were posted time to time in their respective threads.

New broadcaster bouquets were available from february itself in the app. For few days both old & new bouquets & airtel packs were available but later the old one was removed. People who were on MYOP with broadcaster bouquets in them, their monthly rent was also increased due to increase in bouquets price. After few days, even the active DPO packs price were also increased OR shifted to nearest best fit plan. Even my plan was also updated by airtel few days back.
All these updates were posted time to time in their respective threads.

No buddy. Broadcaster Bouquet r not available on airtel app from Feb 1. Regarding DPO bouquet or how price revision or shifting to best fit plan happened i have already explained the same in previous posts. Until yesterday on airtel app old DPO bouquets were available for me, now they have been replaced by new DPO packs but still not sure if these have been compiled by combining old or new broadcaster bouquets.

Currently i am using old DPO bouquet and still subscribed to some old broadcaster bouquets...neither has there been any price revision nor have have i been shifted to any new best fit plan / New DPO bouquet. Only for a-la-carte channels i have subscribed they have revised the price w.e.f. 1st Feb as per changes done from broadcaster end

I am an airtel black user but i think @somnath chakraborty is a regular user still for him too broadcaster bouquets r not visible on the app....others too can check and confirm

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock