Airtel Digital TV's software update disables viewing / recording with TV tuner

• Thread starter Vinay
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 5
  • Views: Views 4,728

Vinay

Reaction score
I just noticed this from a friend's concern that he is not able to view or record Airtel Digital TV STB output on his PCI TV tuner card. Also the same thing holds true for USB TV tuner.

Replicating the issue he said the video played for 2 to 3 seconds before going blank with only the audio going on. However some of the help or information channels work fine.

So in a bid to curb content piracy or misuse, the stb software must be detecting the device connected to the video outputs. The ADTV staff may not be viewing it as an issue because the stb works fine when connected to a TV which is the intended way to view ADTV channels.

Inputs and experiences from other members are most welcome.

if this is true then its a very bad move....

thanks for the update vinay.

atleast can we watch the channels, if not recorded, using the Tuner card :huh:huh:huh

was there any software update recently :huh:huh:huh

mmadhankumar said:
atleast can we watch the channels, if not recorded, using the Tuner card :huh:huh:huh
was there any software update recently :huh:huh:huh

No we cannot watch the channels also :( only audio comes
No there was no recent software update but this blocking feature is there in some of the updates months back.

but my question is, how does the STB recognizes the device it is connected to :huh:huh:huh

mmadhankumar said:
but my question is, how does the STB recognizes the device it is connected to :huh:huh:huh

Yes even I have that doubt, how is the device connected to Video Out detected ???
They must have used some smart idea which is not understood easily ;)

and Airtel Digital TV's software update disables fta channels...
i connect to insat 4b dish and find dd direct channels....but i am unable to view it...

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock