Discussion airtel Double-Dipping DBR amount on First Day of activating channels

• Thread starter TJ_DJ
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 26
  • Views: Views 14,150
The thing here is Airtel deducts dbr exactly at 12:00 am everyday. Now if you add a channel a 1:00 am which has a dbr of Rs 5 then that amount will be deducted instantly from your account in addition to the dbr which was already deducted. So basically for that day Airtel deducted the usual DBR for your account and the new channel's daily price.

The thing here is Airtel deducts dbr exactly at 12:00 am everyday. Now if you add a channel a 1:00 am which has a dbr of Rs 5 then that amount will be deducted instantly from your account in addition to the dbr which was already deducted. So basically for that day Airtel deducted the usual DBR for your account and the new channel's daily price.
Thanks for the explanation. I do know DBR is debited exactly at 0000 hours. However, it is still not clear if that amount which was debited was of the previous day or for the next day (considering 0000 as the turning point). I believe it is for the previous day.

For example: Let's say you buy a new ADTV connection today (11-Aug) and recharge Rs 300. Your package DBR is Rs 14.00. You are able to watch your television today (11-Aug) and your balance stays Rs 300. Only at the end of the day, at 0000 hours (Lets take this as 23:59:59 hours), it debits Rs 14.00 and your balance reduces to (Rs 300 - Rs 14 = 286).

I am convinced that the DBR reduction happens "after the day's usage" and not prior to the day's usage. Hence, as mentioned in my OP, if I activate new channels (say, worth additional DBR Rs 3), airtel instantly debits it when the package is changed. Hence, tonight at 23:59:59 hours, the DBR should be the 'old DBR' only, as additional Rs 3 was already taken by airtel during the day.

From next day onward, the DBR should be Rs 14 at 23:59:59 hours of 12-Aug, which is correct.

I still maintain that airtel is Double-Dipping the additional DBR amount on the day the channels are activated. Yes, it is a small amount, but considering total number of subscribers X plan changes per day, it will certainly grow to be a significant amount.

Last edited:
Thanks for the explanation. I do know DBR is debited exactly at 0000 hours. However, it is still not clear if that amount which was debited was of the previous day or for the next day (considering 0000 as the turning point). I believe it is for the previous day.

For example: Let's say you buy a new ADTV connection today (11-Aug) and recharge Rs 300. Your package DBR is Rs 14.00. You are able to watch your television today (11-Aug) and your balance stays Rs 300. Only at the end of the day, at 0000 hours (Lets take this as 23:59:59 hours), it debits Rs 14.00 and your balance reduces to (Rs 300 - Rs 14 = 286).

I am convinced that the DBR reduction happens "after the day's usage" and not prior to the day's usage. Hence, as mentioned in my OP, if I activate new channels (say, worth additional DBR Rs 3), airtel instantly debits it when the package is changed. Hence, tonight at 23:59:59 hours, the DBR should be the 'old DBR' only, as additional Rs 3 was already taken by airtel during the day.

From next day onward, the DBR should be Rs 14 at 23:59:59 hours of 12-Aug, which is correct.

I still maintain that airtel is Double-Dipping the additional DBR amount on the day the channels are activated. Yes, it is a small amount, but considering total number of subscribers X plan changes per day, it will certainly grow to be a significant amount.

buddy, now DBR gets deducted for current day itself... If account is active then it will happen at 12 am or if u take new connection or recharge suspended account then instantly after activation deduction will happen. There is no double dipping, just that whatever ch u activate charges will debited at that point itself.

buddy, now DBR gets deducted for current day itself... If account is active then it will happen at 12 am or if u take new connection or recharge suspended account then instantly after activation deduction will happen. There is no double dipping, just that whatever ch u activate charges will debited at that point itself.

Bro double deduction

I didn't activate any channel from last 2 days

My DBR goes Double
They charge UDP everyday

Now I change pack again
They Refunded only Rs 499
After uses of 4 months of UDP12

They deducted Rs 850

Last edited:
Bro double deduction

I didn't activate any channel from last 2 days

My DBR goes Double
They charge UDP everyday

Now I change pack again
They Refunded only Rs 499
After uses of 4 months of UDP12

They deducted Rs 850

its correct as per rule if u leave any long term plan in middle of plan then rental for used months will be charged as base rate of plan

base rate for per month is 153+61 in 1349 plan so u used 856₹ in 4 months so decution is correct

its correct as per rule if u leave any long term plan in middle of plan then rental for used months will be charged as base rate of plan

base rate for per month is 153+61 in 1349 plan so u used 856₹ in 4 months so decution is correct

They were charging double DBR for ARP packs earlier my DBR was Rs 7/day
But from last 2 days they were charging Rs14/day
That's by I leave that ARP
In future I will never choose Long duration packs
It's a Trap for Subscribers

They were charging double DBR for ARP packs earlier my DBR was Rs 7/day
But from last 2 days they were charging Rs14/day
That's by I leave that ARP
In future I will never choose Long duration packs
It's a Trap for Subscribers
after purchasing annual pack they can only charge for ala carte channels how much is cost of ur ala carte channel then divide it by 30 if they charge for more than dbr of ala carte channels then post complaint on twitter

after purchasing annual pack they can only charge for ala carte channels how much is cost of ur ala carte channel then divide it by 30 if they charge for more than dbr of ala carte channels then post complaint on twitter
My Alcarta Channel for Primary connection Rs 96/month

And Rs 100 for Secondary connection
(NCF 61 + Rs 39 Al carta)

196/30 = 6.5/day

But they Deducted Rs14/ day ?

Last edited:
My Alcarta Channel for Primary connection Rs 96/month

And Rs 100 for Secondary connection

196/30 = 6.5/day

But they Deducted Rs14/ day ?
What about the ncf charge?

Maybe adding more channels to the existing ARP pack might have increased your ncf?

So maybe Airtel is deducting channel rate + ncf charges for that day?

What about the ncf charge?

Maybe adding more channels to the existing ARP pack might have increased your ncf?

So maybe Airtel is deducting channel rate + ncf charges for that day?
no upto 200 channels ncf will be same

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock