Breaking Airtel DTH has increased Lock In Period For A-La-carte to 30 days

What's your take on the 30 Days lock in period?

• Total voters
What you have to say now ?
It's already more than half of March and yet no other dth implemented lockin thing....atleast you have to admit now it was sole decision of airtel and airtel only😂

Just one advice, please increase ur patience level...u can try yoga / praanaayam for achieving the same.

Atleast let Airtel Digital TV and even other operators properly/fully implement amended NTO 2.0 regulations/ New RIO of different broadcasters ,,still broadcaster bouquets r unavailable nor have DPO bouquets been revised accordingly (still made by combining old broadcaster bouquet). Once all things r in place then we will discuss on this :)

Why You Haven’t Voted Yet???

@dino29 Bro

Fzsya0N.jpg
Oops ! Sorry anna i forgot.

But as i have said previously i am not in favour of such lock in policy.

Those saying that i am supporting this policy, have surely not read my previous posts bcoz they just want to somehow make fun of me or just misinterpret my posts

He might have missed or on funny note, he doesn't want to press "Yes" and face everyone else's wrath. 🤣

@Vadirocks bro, you said you were analysing how a la carte is billed between DPOs and broadcasters. Any update on this bro which would give us more insight on this lock-in issue ?

Bro, this is some what easy in Airtel. I think Airtel can remove 30d lock-in and Tata Play can implement 30d lock-in. 🤣

80% Information Collected

Will Post Soon,

Just one advice, please increase ur patience level...u can try yoga / praanaayam for achieving the same.

Atleast let Airtel Digital TV and even other operators properly/fully implement amended NTO 2.0 regulations/ New RIO of different broadcasters ,,still broadcaster bouquets r unavailable nor have DPO bouquets been revised accordingly (still made by combining old broadcaster bouquet). Once all things r in place then we will discuss on this :)
I am going by your words...you only said 15 days I waited for 20 days!

If nto 2 not properly implemented then airtel shouldn't had implemented lockin policy!

I am going by your words...you only said 15 days I waited for 20 days!

If nto 2 not properly implemented then airtel shouldn't had implemented lockin policy!

Buddy i was hoping at that time for operators to introduce broadcaster bouquet and fully implement new regulations but same has not happened until now.

I have already stated earlier the possible reasons why this lock in policy was brought about right now

This airtel's 30-day lock-in period is becoming a nightmare.
How to remember when I activated a certain channel, to be able to remove it on 30th day? Will airtel send me a reminder?
Why to take a channel for a full 30-days if I want it only for few days?

I was hoping this will be rolled back. Plus the pressure of hikes prices of NTO 2.0 are putting more strain on the wallet. Tough time ahead. Like I said earlier, these NTO were aimed at making things easier for the subscriber. It has instead become worse now.

How to remember when I activated a certain channel, to be able to remove it on 30th day? Will airtel send me a reminder?

I was hoping this will be rolled back. Plus the pressure of hikes prices of NTO 2.0 are putting more strain on the wallet. Tough time ahead. Like I said earlier, these NTO were aimed at making things easier for the subscriber. It has instead become worse now.
Buddy Airtel has done this to help you in some ways which we mere mortals cannot fathom.

I'll let the Disney/Airtel employee here defend this for the n'th time again.

Buddy Airtel has done this to help you in some ways which we mere mortals cannot fathom.

I'll let the Disney/Airtel employee here defend this for the n'th time again.
I dont see any benefit, honestly. Earlier when there were service provider defined packs, I know it used to go up to Rs 250 - Rs 300, but it used to have lot of channels.

From August 2008 to October 2017 (9+ years), I used Big TV (Reliance Digital TV). As we all know, the Picture Quality was beyond stunning, even for SD channels. I used to do annual recharge for Rs 3,150 for Gold Plan. It used to give all channels, excluding a few like Neo Sports, Neo Cricket, BBC Earth. That worked out close to Rs 262 per month, but did provide me all channels, including Star/Ten/Sony Sports as well.

Yes, prices did increase, but my last annual recharge for September 2016 to November 2017 (1 year + 45 days free) was Rs 3,941. This still worked out to be Rs 288/month with all channels.

Due to their shutdown, I moved to airtel Digital TV and there too, I took annual pack Infinity Sports, with effective price of Rs 2,681 (after all Cashbacks/etc.). This worked out to be just Rs 223 per month for me, including sports channels. I used this till Jan 2019 after which the 'new regime' came in to effect!

Compare that with now - it is way too costly. The rules by TRAI to ensure customers get to select ala-carte channels has been grossly abused, and is not benefiting me at least.

You can schedule removal of channels in advance on airtel app or even thru other mediums. We have already discussed regarding this earlier bro.

Regarding price hike broadcasters r solely to be blamed for it and not NTO regulations which r actually quite good for viewers as well as operators bringing in transparency and fairness

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock