Seeking Help Airtel DTH Settop Box Not Working Properly

Mandar Pandit

Reaction score
I have an Airtel Digital TV HD connection for the past 1 year. The set top box was not working properly from last 2 months, firstly I ignored the problem but then I complained about it in first week of June. The set box was replaced twice with a charge of Rs. 350, even though I told them it is not a problem of set top box. The changed settop box has same problem of automatically switching off and not starting again for few hours. The problem was visible from the very first day it has been changed. Now this problem has become very annoying. The customer care was very non cooperative, on repetitive calls, nobody expert has come to see the problem. even after telling them that it is a serious problem and somebody expert is needed here.
Just before changing the set top box I recharged it yearly with an amount of 5801/- rupees.
I am feeling helpless here :(

Last edited:
The changed settop box has same problem of automatically switching off and not starting again for few hours.
Weird that even replaced STBs are getting the same issue. Did they change adapter also? Make sure adapter specs show 2A (or 2000mA). I mean if the lights on STBs are off during this restarts then problem can only be STB or adapter. Anyway email to your nodal officer in your state. Email in this website: Digital TV from Airtel

Weird that even replaced STBs are getting the same issue. Did they change adapter also? Make sure adapter specs show 2A (or 2000mA). I mean if the lights on STBs are off during this restarts then problem can only be STB or adapter. Anyway email to your nodal officer in your state. Email in this website: Digital TV from Airtel
The guy, so called "Engineer", checked with the new adapter, still same problem.

Hey there, I'd advise you not to publicly display your customer ID on a public forum

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an Airtel Digital TV HD connection for the past 1 year. The set top box was not working properly from last 2 months, firstly I ignored the problem but then I complained about it in first week of June. The set box was replaced twice with a charge of Rs. 350, even though I told them it is not a problem of set top box. The changed settop box has same problem of automatically switching off and not starting again for few hours. The problem was visible from the very first day it has been changed. Now this problem has become very annoying. The customer care was very non cooperative, on repetitive calls, nobody expert has come to see the problem. even after telling them that it is a serious problem and somebody expert is needed here.
Just before changing the set top box I recharged it yearly with an amount of 5801/- rupees.
I am feeling helpless here :(

Bro voltage fluctuations also might cause this problem.Whether the set top box is connected directly to the wall socket or through stabilizer,if it is so,if tv also connected to the stabiler it should also get switched off,but usually we don't observe this because as it goes blank along with settop box and switches on automatically.I also had this problem before with my sony bravia,later i found that it's due to voltage fluctuations.

Last edited:
Bro voltage fluctuations also might cause this problem.Whether the set top box is connected directly to the wall socket or through stabilizer,if it is so,if tv also connected to the stabiler it should also get switched off,but usually we don't observe this because as it goes blank along with settop box and switches on automatically.I also had this problem before with my sony bravia,later i found that it's due to voltage fluctuations.
Firstly I also thought that this might be a voltage problem, but my TV do not get switched off plus if I remove my switched off SetTopBox and plugged in any other device in the same socket, it still works. I also tried plugging in my settopBox to some other switches, especially when it is in sudden Switched off mode, but it also didnt work. It remains off for some time and then gets automatically start.

Last edited:
Ok bro,But each device reacts differently to voltage fluctuations,some might and some won't switch off based on their internal protective mechanisms.

bro ive been using videocon d2h power adapter for my airtel hevc tecnicolor box for 4 months now
nothing happened
is it ok to use?
please chk the image

others also share ideas please. thanks

bro ive been using videocon d2h power adapter for my airtel hevc tecnicolor box for 4 months now
nothing happened
is it ok to use?
please chk the image

others also share ideas please. thanks

It's actually a bit below requirement, but as long as you are not facing any issues it does not matter.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock