Seeking Help Airtel DTH STB has been lost

• Thread starter Thread starter IamTRoy4
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 5
  • Views Views: Views 1,836

IamTRoy4

Reaction score
My father's STB has been lost due to shifting, he still receive messages from Airtel to recharge the account.

So now, is there any way to get back the existing Customer ID?

anything you know would be helpful.

Solution
Yes you will get back the same customer ID. Call customer care and inform them that your STB was lost. They will create a FR request.
hence your STB is missing airtel will charge you Some amount towards new stb.
the amount you need to pay might be higher than the current new Stb cost.

My advice buy a new airtel Stb
Yes you will get back the same customer ID. Call customer care and inform them that your STB was lost. They will create a FR request.
hence your STB is missing airtel will charge you Some amount towards new stb.
the amount you need to pay might be higher than the current new Stb cost.

My advice buy a new airtel Stb

Solution
okay so I've decided, I want to disconnect the connection permanently, and then buy a new DTH connection.

Hi Troy,

Am in a similar situation,I realized I have an old DTH account linked to my number and raised disconnection request and they started calling me for the STB recovery which was lost in shifting.

Please let me know what was the charges that were levied for the STB and how soon were you able to have this closed .

Thanks In Advance

Maverick

Just open the dth account in your airtel app.
Change your registered mobile number in the app to a random number and that's all. Relief form airtel spam calls and messages.

In the event of STB loss, Airtel will provide a replacement unit for ₹800,
Only stb provided charges extra if you require other accessories such remote , adaptor,etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom