Airtel HD DVR - Freeze or Restart after sometime

Thirumalai

Reaction score
We are using Airtel HD DVR fo past 1.5 years. From last week onwards, our box suddenly getting restarted or freeze. I complained the same to CC, service engineer visited and provided an alternate remote to check for a day. charged 150 rupees. The issue continues and I reported the same to service engineer. He said, no HD DVR box in stock and requested me to downgrade HD or upgrade it to Internet Box . I don't like HD because of single tuner and I don't need Internet box too because I have Sony Android TV.

Is there any option to do full reset of Airtel HD DVR.? I will give a try. If the issue still remains, please suggest the alternate options. Currently I'm in Airtel Infinity pack and validity available till November 2018.

Is there any option to do full reset of Airtel HD DVR.?

There should be an option for Factory Reset under Settings menu. My Tata Sky HD DVR has it.

I don't like HD because of single tuner and I don't need Internet box too because I have Sony Android TV.
I have exact same reason for not to use an Android box or HD only box.

I use Tata Sky HD DVR which has 3 tuners and it can record 3 channels at once. You can shift to TS HD DVR. That is the only viable option.

I did Factory Rest + Format drive + software upgrade but nothing worked. Hmm,

Then STB went faulty. Since HD DVR box no more available, you would be getting option to upgrade to Internet TV or downgrading to HD box.

yes, STB fault and they tried to convince me for HD box replacement but I didn't agreed. Technician said, currently no stock and you need to wait. seems they will replace with a refurbished unit.for me, any HD DVR is fine . 10 days over, mailed Nodal, Airtel presence . Got template response. Today I got call from Nodal and they repeated the same(replace with a HD box) . I disagreed again. Still waiting and not sure what will happen.

After multiple mails/messages to Nodal officer, Airtel India(Facebook), today they replaced my box (HD DVR)., :)(y)

Initially I paid 150 rupees for the first visit then I paid 600(box replacement) + 150(service charge).total - 900 INR. one of my friend said, no need to pay service charge again for STB replacement. Anyhow I'm happy with the replacement and no issues. :)

I just red in our forum, maintenance charge covered in Infinity pack. what it mean.? someone please explain.

How many programmes can i record simultaneously in airtel hd dvr?

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock