Seeking Help Airtel HD-DVR replacement Chennai

agtparthiban

Reaction score
Hi friends

My Airtel HD-DVR has hardware problem. One tuner is not working.

I can use it but alternate channels are not working. Which means if I see one, when I switch to next channel it will not come.
But again if I switch to next it will come.
So if I need to switch to channel I want to see from the current one, Then I need to switch to some other channel and then switch to channel I want to see.

Airtel customer care says they no more provide repair/replacement or new HD-DVR boxes.
Airtel internet TV is not attractive option as I can only record and watch one at a time.
I already have built-in Netflix, Amazon Prime and hot-star in my TV without issues.

I feel watch one record one OR record 2 and watch recorded one was a great feature Airtel HD-DVR provided and I am using it since 2010.
I feel internet TV is a step back with respect to above. I am very disappointed with Airtel.

Questions
1. Does anyone have hardware issues in HD-DVR box recently and Airtel is fixing/replacing them. Any clue?
2. What are the other options other than internet TV ?
3. I am based in Chennai, any local technicians will help repair the box?

Thanks for all your help in advance.

Last edited:
Hi friends

I can use it but alternate channels are not working. Which means if I see one, when I switch to next channel it will not come.
So if I need to switch to channel I want to see from the current one, Then I need to switch to some other channel and then switch to channel I want to see.

Airtel customer care says they no more provide repair/replacement or new HD-DVR boxes.
Airtel internet TV is not attractive option as I can only record and watch one at a time.
I already have built-in Netflix, Amazon Prime and hot-star in my TV without issues.

I feel watch one record one OR record 2 and watch recorded one was a great feature Airtel HD-DVR provided and I am using it since 2010.
I feel internet TV is a step back with respect to above. I am very disappointed with Airtel.

Questions
1. Does anyone have hardware issues in HD-DVR box recently and Airtel is fixing/replacing them. Any clue?

Yes hd DVR box not available right now? If u want dvr then u can replace with a serviced stb not the new one. No other option. Ask technician for a service box. Cost ₹600 which covers one year warranty

Hi friends

Questions

If the problem is with LNB only, it can be replaced. You can get help from local retailers. But if the problem is with Set top box itself, then you have no options. You have to switch to TATA Sky or Dish tv.

Hi friends

Questions

Thanks for all your help in
This is common problem with dvr better upgrade it with xtream stb it will solve you isse

If nothing works, one option is always there to buy it on OLX. You may get it there in a cheap rate!

My brother recently replaced airtel dvr for 600... They simply provided another dvr to my surprise.

You are lucky man , my box start giving issue , second tuner not getting signal and now struggling get replacement in MadhayPradesh last 12 days ,

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock