• Welcome to DreamDTH Forums
    An online community for the television enthusiasts!

Airtel HD vs Tata Sky HD

unicorn

Contributor
Reaction score
Few months back I bought Airtel HD settop box. I am also using Tata Sky HD. So thought of comparing these two DTH providers.

1. Set top Box design

Airtel STB is somewhat oval in shape. Design is good. But build is poor. edges are so sharp that it could hurt you when you handle without care. Also the intensity of LED is so bright which i don't like.

Tatasky STB is rectangular in shape and build is great. Feels very premium in that glossy finish. Also LED light is very minute and looks good and doesnt disturb you during night time unlike airtel STB

WINNER : TATA SKY

2. Remote

Airtel Remote feels premium and great to hold. But buttons are rectangular shaped and are placed without any gap and we tend to press wrong button frequently. One thing about airtel remote is when you pair with your TV remote, you could control the volume of only the TV and not STB which i personally liked it.

TS remote is not that premium but defenitly conveneinet to handle with round buttons. But we have to press the universal button everytime whenever we need to control TV volume and TV power function.

WINNER : Airtel

3. Recording function

Airtel provides recording function for HD STB which is a good move. but you need to pay 30rs PM.

No such function in TS HD STB

WINNER : Airtel

4. Sound

Airtel : DD is not working when connected with external speakers for HDMI.only stereo is working. Airtel service person couldnt find the issue. Also when we change a language for particular channel, and when we go to other channel and comeback to this channel lanugauge gets reset which i don't like it. Apart from this no issue with audio.

Tatasky : Audio is good here and no issues with language selection

WINNER : TATASKY

5. Picture Clarity SD:

Airtel SD channels looks like that we get in local cable. Its not good.

Man Tatasky scores big here. SD clarity is so good in tatasky. Somechannels look like HD.

WINNER : TATASKY

6. Picture Clarity HD:

no wrong in airtel HD channels. it does the job.

But tatasky. Again compared to airtel HD clarity is definitely better. I would prefer watching HD in TS. But again nothing wrong with airtel

WINNER : TIE

7. LOGO

Needles to say airtel logo is Huge & very disturbing. they should work on this. its like shouting.

Tatasky Logo is small and cute. It doesn't disturb your view.

WINNER: TATASKY

8. PRICE

I bought Airtel HD STB for 750rs with south value sports pack free for a month plus 8GB peb drive.

TS is very costly. 1800rs with no pendrive.

Monthly packages are almost similar in both

WINNER: Airtel

9. No of channels

Airtel doesn't have few HD channels and some tamil news channels which i watch regularly

Almost all channels available in TS

10. Ease of use for changing the package / Adding channels

Airtel website is a mess. Not user friendly. Airtel need to do something about this.

Tatasky website is cool. Its user friendly and informative

11. Customer Support.

Airtel fails here big time. no online chat support. and even phone customer support is not that helpful. Their executives have never been polite

Tatasky customer support is excellent with online chat support and polite executives.

Tatasky installed in 3 hours from the time of booking. whereas airtel took 32 hours.

So I can safely say TATA SKY is a winner overall with crisp picture clarity and excellent support team. If i have to suggest, I would ask to go with TATASKY if you willing to pay few more buck

kumarvishwas

Contributor
Reaction score
For realizing the actual quality of Airtel HD,you need a Huawei HD box rather than this :k:k
I don't know why Airtel manufactured these boxes ,Huawei box have premium quality just like TS HD box and HD PQ(better to a little extent) and AQ(unmatachable to any other DTH presently) is also amazing on that as compared by many users using both TS and ADTV
Still a very nice effort by you comparing both :clap:clap:clap:tup

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
excellent Awesome Unbaised Review with proofs :luv :clap :clap

Bro can we have more comparison between TS HD and ADTV HD pq :shy with Pics :sp

Rushil

Contributor
Reaction score
kumarvishwas said:
For realizing the actual quality of Airtel HD,you need a Huawei HD box rather than this :k:k
I don't know why Airtel manufactured these boxes ,Huawei box have premium quality just like TS HD box and HD PQ(better to a little extent) and AQ(unmatachable to any other DTH presently) is also amazing on that as compared by many users using both TS and ADTV
Still a nice effort by you comparing both :clap:clap:clap:tup
agreed bro same problem in TS 4K stb too :u but HD pq is little bit decreased due to over compression :shy

bro ADTV AQ is same on all channels weather TS AQ is upside down thats the only difference :shy :u

ABCDEFGH

Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome Comparison! :clap
Enjoyed reading it.:clap

BTW in Tata Sky, you can control the Tv Volume from STB remote without pressing the Universal Button.
Press Universal Button and Select Button for 3 Seconds. RED light will blink 3 Times. that's It

Abhi

Contributor
Reaction score
kumarvishwas said:
Fully Agreed:k

baburajkartha

Registered
Reaction score
[/quote]

anybody compare like this with d2h, dish tv, tata sky & airtel?

Ashok L

Contributor
Reaction score
kumarvishwas said:
Still a very nice effort by you comparing both :clap:clap:clap:tup
Yeah agree...
He should compare with huawei hd box for SD and HD....
New Indian made boxes are poor...
Anyway you did a good job....
Appreciating your efforts

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
DreamDTH.com Article Tata Sky and Dish TV lose subscriber market share as Airtel and Sun Direct gain in Q1 FY21 General DTH News & Discussions 5
P Airtel dth or Tata Sky dth best dth DTH Support & Comparisons 5
DreamDTH.com Article ZEE launches ‘Cinema2Home’ service ‘Zee Plex’, partners with Airtel Digital TV, Dish D2H and Tata Sky TV Channels News 115
S Airtel X Stream or Tata Sky Binge DTH Support & Comparisons 8
P Seeking Help Should I choose Airtel Digital TV HD or Tata Sky HD? DTH Support & Comparisons 7
S Seeking Help Tata Sky or Airtel dth DTH Support & Comparisons 9
Deep.S Good News "Airtel Xstream App" is Now Available on Tata Sky Binge + Tata Sky Binge+ 4
DreamDTH.com Article KITE VICTERS onboards Sun Direct, Tata Sky and Airtel Digital TV DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Watch Mahabharat on Airtel Digital TV and Tata Sky without any ad breaks DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article MHRD ties up with Airtel Digital TV and Tata Sky to air 12 Swayam Prabha channels General DTH News & Discussions 5
DominicT Seeking Help Should i upgrade to D2H HD or go for Tata Sky/Airtel? DTH Support & Comparisons 19
DreamDTH.com Article Tata Sky and Airtel Digital end free preview of service channels DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Airtel Digital TV follows Tata Sky and Dish TV to offer free service channels DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Sun Direct, Tata Sky and Airtel Digital TV make 4 IBF channels FTA DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
V Seeking Help Tata Sky Binge+ STB or Airtel Xstream STB DTH Support & Comparisons 13
Basil Good News Tata Sky Binge+ Effect: Airtel Xstream Box at Rs 2249 with Rs 1750 discount all over India for a limited period Airtel Xstream 26
Kittykitty Today I bought new AIRTEL HD Connection, Moved from Tata Sky Airtel Digital TV HD 17
DreamDTH.com Article Exclusivity should not be defining criteria of Platform Service channels, suggests Tata Sky, Airtel and Asianet DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
DreamDTH.com Article Tata Sky and Airtel ask for clarification on TRAI’s Draft Regulation of Broadcasting and Cable Services Interconnection Regulations DreamDTH Articles Discussions 0
Abhinav842 Article Tata Sky, Airtel, Dish TV against TRAI draft Amendment to QOS DreamDTH Articles Discussions 4
S does airtel dth has mobile app to view channels like tata sky ? Airtel Digital TV 11
shibin_knr Good News Moved from Airtel DTH to Tata Sky Tata Sky HD 35
M Seeking Help I want to buy a new HD dth Connection I confused Airtel or Tata sky? DTH Support & Comparisons 17
Abhinav842 Tata Sky vs Airtel vs Dish TV DTH Support & Comparisons 30
jasim2193 Kindly share your opinion about Tata Sky and Airtel DTH Support & Comparisons 13