Airtel HD vs Tata Sky HD

• Thread starter unicorn
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 44
  • Views: Views 44,100

unicorn

Contributor
Reaction score
Few months back I bought Airtel HD settop box. I am also using Tata Sky HD. So thought of comparing these two DTH providers.

1. Set top Box design

Airtel STB is somewhat oval in shape. Design is good. But build is poor. edges are so sharp that it could hurt you when you handle without care. Also the intensity of LED is so bright which i don't like.

jVfq7jk.jpg

Tatasky STB is rectangular in shape and build is great. Feels very premium in that glossy finish. Also LED light is very minute and looks good and doesnt disturb you during night time unlike airtel STB

2VvlJCV.jpg

WINNER : TATA SKY

2. Remote

Airtel Remote feels premium and great to hold. But buttons are rectangular shaped and are placed without any gap and we tend to press wrong button frequently. One thing about airtel remote is when you pair with your TV remote, you could control the volume of only the TV and not STB which i personally liked it.

QZD7Fe0.jpg

TS remote is not that premium but defenitly conveneinet to handle with round buttons. But we have to press the universal button everytime whenever we need to control TV volume and TV power function.

dbFzv4o.jpg

WINNER : Airtel

3. Recording function

Airtel provides recording function for HD STB which is a good move. but you need to pay 30rs PM.

No such function in TS HD STB

WINNER : Airtel

4. Sound

Airtel : DD is not working when connected with external speakers for HDMI.only stereo is working. Airtel service person couldnt find the issue. Also when we change a language for particular channel, and when we go to other channel and comeback to this channel lanugauge gets reset which i don't like it. Apart from this no issue with audio.

Tatasky : Audio is good here and no issues with language selection

WINNER : TATASKY

5. Picture Clarity SD:

Airtel SD channels looks like that we get in local cable. Its not good.

2VTCmGw.jpg

lx3o6XX.jpg

w5zTlp0.jpg

Man Tatasky scores big here. SD clarity is so good in tatasky. Somechannels look like HD.

Ymc1CeX.jpg

t1w7ywN.jpg

zC8nm7H.jpg

gYqdrbW.jpg

WINNER : TATASKY

6. Picture Clarity HD:

no wrong in airtel HD channels. it does the job.

lnayaGL.jpg

1TVLlb2.jpg

But tatasky. Again compared to airtel HD clarity is definitely better. I would prefer watching HD in TS. But again nothing wrong with airtel

Cpj0MWE.jpg

38G0jLR.jpg

FK2Dq4s.jpg

EPZJDBU.jpg

NoqmLMs.jpg

4x5YrJT.jpg

WINNER : TIE

7. LOGO

Needles to say airtel logo is Huge & very disturbing. they should work on this. its like shouting.

Tatasky Logo is small and cute. It doesn't disturb your view.

WINNER: TATASKY

8. PRICE

I bought Airtel HD STB for 750rs with south value sports pack free for a month plus 8GB peb drive.

TS is very costly. 1800rs with no pendrive.

Monthly packages are almost similar in both

WINNER: Airtel

9. No of channels

Airtel doesn't have few HD channels and some tamil news channels which i watch regularly

Almost all channels available in TS

10. Ease of use for changing the package / Adding channels

Airtel website is a mess. Not user friendly. Airtel need to do something about this.

Tatasky website is cool. Its user friendly and informative

11. Customer Support.

Airtel fails here big time. no online chat support. and even phone customer support is not that helpful. Their executives have never been polite

Tatasky customer support is excellent with online chat support and polite executives.

Tatasky installed in 3 hours from the time of booking. whereas airtel took 32 hours.

So I can safely say TATA SKY is a winner overall with crisp picture clarity and excellent support team. If i have to suggest, I would ask to go with TATASKY if you willing to pay few more buck

For realizing the actual quality of Airtel HD,you need a Huawei HD box rather than this :k:k
I don't know why Airtel manufactured these boxes ,Huawei box have premium quality just like TS HD box and HD PQ(better to a little extent) and AQ(unmatachable to any other DTH presently) is also amazing on that as compared by many users using both TS and ADTV
Still a very nice effort by you comparing both :clap:clap:clap:tup

excellent Awesome Unbaised Review with proofs :luv :clap :clap

Bro can we have more comparison between TS HD and ADTV HD pq :shy with Pics :sp

kumarvishwas said:
For realizing the actual quality of Airtel HD,you need a Huawei HD box rather than this :k:k
I don't know why Airtel manufactured these boxes ,Huawei box have premium quality just like TS HD box and HD PQ(better to a little extent) and AQ(unmatachable to any other DTH presently) is also amazing on that as compared by many users using both TS and ADTV
Still a nice effort by you comparing both :clap:clap:clap:tup

agreed bro same problem in TS 4K stb too :u but HD pq is little bit decreased due to over compression :shy

bro ADTV AQ is same on all channels weather TS AQ is upside down thats the only difference :shy :u

Awesome Comparison! :clap
Enjoyed reading it.:clap

BTW in Tata Sky, you can control the Tv Volume from STB remote without pressing the Universal Button.
Press Universal Button and Select Button for 3 Seconds. RED light will blink 3 Times. that's It

kumarvishwas said:

Fully Agreed:k

kumarvishwas said:
Still a very nice effort by you comparing both :clap:clap:clap:tup

Yeah agree...
He should compare with huawei hd box for SD and HD....
New Indian made boxes are poor...
Anyway you did a good job....
Appreciating your efforts

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock