Airtel India's largest telecom provider with 10 million DTH subs.

SENTHIL KUMAR

Banned
Reaction score
yIrnISK.png

Airtel Digital TV, the DTH service by India's largest telecom company, says it now has more than 10 million (1 Crore) active DTH subscribers. "The 10-million milestone gives us almost 25% market share of active households among all DTH players in India. That's a good number to have to keep operations on a steady basis," said Shashi Arora, CEO of Airtel Digital TV/Media.
"Our net adds over the last few years has been on an average of 1 million per annum," Arora said. Digital TV revenue increased 15.8% to Rs. 623.4 crore in the 3 months ended December 2014 from a year earlier. The Airtel group's revenue in that quarter was Rs. 23,217 crore, the company said in a release on February 4. Hence DTH represented a mere 2.7% of revenues.

RE: Airtel DTH largest in India with 10 million subs.

also large in charn customers. because airtel provide charning offfer.

exmple :- mega hd pack 1 year recharge 5775 ( pay for 11 month get 1 month free )

but u buy any new mega hd 1 year offer they give only rs.5500 :)

jay vithlani said:
also large in charn customers. because airtel provide charning offfer.

exmple :- mega hd pack 1 year recharge 5775 ( pay for 11 month get 1 month free )

but u buy any new mega hd 1 year offer they give only rs.5500 :)

Excuse me it's mentioned as the largest telco and not dth..I believe the thread title needs editing..

APPYS said:
Excuse me it's mentioned as the largest telco and not dth..I believe the thread title needs editing..

bro plz read fully. :shy:shy

is the above site is trustable :huh

RS SENTHIL KUMAR said:
I dont know bro, but this site says the above news.

If the largest DTH has 10 millions then what about other DTH ?:p

RS SENTHIL KUMAR said:
I dont know bro, but this site says the above news.

I would take it with a pinch of salt given the disclaimer on your source.. As per Google and wiki subscriber base as of 2014 q2

Subscriber BaseEdit

India's had around 87.57 million DTH subscribers served by 7 DTH operators as on June 2014 with total active subscribers at 68.24 million.[2]

Service Provider Name Subscribers in Millions[3]
TataSky 11.5[4]
Dish TV 15
Airtel 8.5
Sun Direct 10.1
DD Free Dish 1.8
Videocon 6.0
Reliance 4.1

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock