DTH updates Airtel Launched "All Channels Pack" @ ₹1675 Per Month

Yes, looks like most people miss days when broadcasters made lots of money in advance thru fixed deals... Launched 5 chs showing same thing and forced us to opt for bouquets it by inflating individual channel prices. Such lovely days when Star Sports costed just Rs. 65 or 75 and one can watch endless cricket highlights or watch same age old movies/shows across 5 channels.

TRAI did such injustice by curbing such brilliant practices. Now there is no fun in paying Rs. 19 for Star Sports, also wht is TRAI bringing in 15% discount cap rule. Ideally Rs. 100 is justified for Star Sports and we need 3 or more of its counterparts showing cricket highlights.

Jokes apart TRAI has done a great thing, just that people still r not having proper info for selecting chs in right manner. There is no significant increase in prices, minor fluctuations r there bcoz now broadcasters r getting paid on real time basis vs bulk advance as done earlier. With surety gone so have some discounts which anyways were not passed onto us earlier by operators.

I am not feeling any pinch rather happy with paying for what i watch and option to add/drop on daily basis. Many broadcasters have reduced prices too and there will be urgency shown to improve across parameters to stay relevant thanks to TRAI.

Lastly look at players like Turner India, Enterr10 group, B4U they have grown tremendously bcoz of corrections which have happened. Previously biggies like Star, Viacom18, Zee enjoyed greater subscription revenue bcoz operators had to sign agreements for whole bouquet /fixed deal and ultimately same was forced on us... Reach eventually increased for them but smaller players like Sony, Turner, B4U had tough time cracking deals and often got less money or churned more carriage. Adding to woes biggies bid for everything thus leading to huge jump in content acquisition cost but now with thinner purchasing power ones like Turner have fair chance of getting hands on stuff... Look at HBO / WB, B4U their content has improved a lot and being cheaper they r opted by more people. This has been biggest advantage and i think ground is now fair to every stakeholder

Of course we can do it, but when it comes to kids it's better that they watch in television.

Yes, looks like most people miss days when broadcasters made lots......

Really! I used to get all tamil channels and 20+HD channels and recorder all rs.219. Now I've subscribed just tamil FTA channels (19 - mostly useless)+Turner kids pack+chutti TV+Vijay HD+hungama+recorder for rs.230.
Really great isn't it!?

Dear Dino29, I was using Airtel Infinity 5000 Rs all channel annual pack before. But now 1675 Rs per month???? This is what the Trai NTO has done.
May be they have intentionally created this mess to favour broadcasters.
One or two things can be done by Trai :
Stop bouquet formation by Distribution Platform or Broadcasters
Or reimposing 15% cap on discount on bouquet price
Implementation of any of these two suggestions will just serve the purpose of Trai NTO

Yes, looks like most people miss days when broadcasters made lots of money in advance thru fixed deals... Launched 5 chs showing same thing and forced us to opt for bouquets it by inflating individual channel prices. Such lovely days when Star Sports costed just Rs. 65 or 75 and one can watch endless cricket highlights or watch same age old movies/shows across 5 channels.

TRAI did such injustice by curbing such brilliant practices. Now there is no fun in paying Rs. 19 for Star Sports, also wht is TRAI bringing in 15% discount cap rule. Ideally Rs. 100 is justified for Star Sports and we need 3 or more of its counterparts showing cricket highlights.

Jokes apart TRAI has done a great thing, just that people still r not having proper info for selecting chs in right manner. There is no significant increase in prices, minor fluctuations r there bcoz now broadcasters r getting paid on real time basis vs bulk advance as done earlier. With surety gone so have some discounts which anyways were not passed onto us earlier by operators.

I am not feeling any pinch rather happy with paying for what i watch and option to add/drop on daily basis. Many broadcasters have reduced prices too and there will be urgency shown to improve across parameters to stay relevant thanks to TRAI.

Lastly look at players like Turner India, Enterr10 group, B4U they have grown tremendously bcoz of corrections which have happened. Previously biggies like Star, Viacom18, Zee enjoyed greater subscription revenue bcoz operators had to sign agreements for whole bouquet /fixed deal and ultimately same was forced on us... Reach eventually increased for them but smaller players like Sony, Turner, B4U had tough time cracking deals and often got less money or churned more carriage. Adding to woes biggies bid for everything thus leading to huge jump in content acquisition cost but now with thinner purchasing power ones like Turner have fair chance of getting hands on stuff... Look at HBO / WB, B4U their content has improved a lot and being cheaper they r opted by more people. This has been biggest advantage and i think ground is now fair to every stakeholder

LOL which world are you living in? Everyone is clear that their costs have increased substantially compared to earlier & you are still trying to justify the TRAI goof-up?

Adtv thinking all r ambanis, birlas in India 🇮🇳 by launching this pack

Dear Dino29, I was using Airtel Infinity 5000 Rs all channel annual pack before. But now 1675 Rs per month???? This is what the Trai NTO has done.
May be they have intentionally created this mess to favour broadcasters.
One or two things can be done by Trai :
Stop bouquet formation by Distribution Platform or Broadcasters
Or reimposing 15% cap on discount on bouquet price
Implementation of any of these two suggestions will just serve the purpose of Trai NTO
Who in the earth is going to watch all channels?

Any human can watch max 10-20 channels.

Now i can subscribe what ever channel i want at low price with one day lock*in period.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock