DTH updates Airtel Launched "All Channels Pack" @ ₹1675 Per Month

In future prices won't come down. Instead more pay channels will shut down.
Yes. They are going to shutdown unnecessary movie channels like Star Utsav Movies, Zee Anmol Cinema, Zee Action, Sony Wah, Star Sports First which was actually Free to Air channel for DD free Dish. They will continue their premium channels only.

In this age of ott platforms dth prices should have been made cheaper for the survival of dth industry. But this trai order did otherwise. Shame on trai

We would now have three versions running - am sure ppl will support either of it.
1) TRAI made it mess with higher price, things that were bundled in less price now needs to pay a hefty amount. :(
2) TRAI did good as you pay only for what you watch and it has reduce our monthly bill as we watch and pay only for those channels. :cool:
3) I have moved on from DTH/Cable and now enjoy OTT but where can i find to watch live tv legally. :unsure:

1) TRAI made it mess with higher price, things that were bundled in less price now needs to pay a hefty amount. :(
Yes it's a complete mess. To avoid additional NCF you have to select both pay and free channels carefully.
Now before select any free channels, you have to watch those channels before making a final selection. But all channels looks good when you are watching it and can't decide which one to skip. So it's very confusing.

Now for pay channels. It's more tricky because individual channel price is too high. So you have to find bouquets which is right for you. But your MSO is not providing those important bouquets. (For me it's SITI Network Cable). So you have to take them from ala carte or go for DTH by paying Rs 1500. 😟

Wonder where are those people who were predicting TV channel prices will come down drastically after 3-6 months after this TRAI intervention.

I did say it will only get worse and prices will increase more in future but some people said it will be dropped in 2 months, now 6 months over and I am still waiting for their forecast to become reality. All those Nostradamus who predicted the decrease in price.

As most of the comments talks about high pricing, the biggest draw back in the new tariff order is the NCF 154 rupees. Just wondering 1.why it was implemented 2.how did the DTH/cable operators managed before the order or how much profit they are enjoy now.

Atleast NCF should be brought per channel so that we can watch few more channels.

And I'm using DTH only because of my kids, as they watch cartoon channels

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock