• Thread starter mark2gp
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 67
  • Views: Views 5,690
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark2gp

Reaction score
Hi, most of the issues have been discussed elsewhere in the forum, but still can be confusing/outdated/discontinued at present.

#1.Can we operate internet apps without any dth balance?
#2.Are apps JioTv, Chrome, Kodi available in Play Store?
#3.Is side loading of these apps possible?
#4.4K/Atmos support now working for all major ott apps?
#5.Are usb hdd, remote kb/mouse, compatible with the box?
Many thanks in advance to those who take the time and trouble to provide the necessary info. 🙏

Last edited:
Better to get old one though New Variant is also equally good except may be some minor issues. Having said so there r many advantages / plus points for the New Variant of XStream Box hence overall you can opt for any of these which is available with your local Airtel Digital TV dealer. When they call u just request them to arrange for the Old Variant, incase same is unavailable u can agree to get the New Version XStream Box installed
For the past two days, I have been trying to contact Airtel for an upgrade / secondary connection. They seem to have this new system wherein you cannot talk to cc directly, but have to register a request over IVR, website or whatsapp and wait for a callback. So far I've got 2 calls, one of which was from a technical person, who asked me to call up another no. and a cc exec whose call dropped midway and did not bother to contact me again. Pathetic!

I talked to a local dealer who says all the current xstream boxes (heating/adapter issues) are problematic and suggested to wait for a new version to be launched soon. He also recommended the Tata Binge 6k box which offers a full cashback!

For the past two days, I have been trying to contact Airtel for an upgrade / secondary connection. They seem to have this new system wherein you cannot talk to cc directly, but have to register a request over IVR, website or whatsapp and wait for a callback. So far I've got 2 calls, one of which was from a technical person, who asked me to call up another no. and a cc exec whose call dropped midway and did not bother to contact me again. Pathetic!

I talked to a local dealer who says all the current xstream boxes (heating/adapter issues) are problematic and suggested to wait for a new version to be launched soon. He also recommended the Tata Binge 6k box which offers a full cashback!

Just tweet ur concern to Airtel Presence team, they will follow up & make sure that upgrade request is attended to within next 24 hours.

Do not go by dealer advice, often they suggest u a product based on where they are likely to make more commission from

Why so happy, @andrewkane14 bro?

@mark2gp free 25 hrs recording in binge plus see below link

@mark2gp free 25 hrs recording in binge plus see below link

Thanx bro!
I am looking for a 2ndary connection to my existing dth of airtel. If that doesn't work out, i'll check this out.

Just tweet ur concern to Airtel Presence team, they will follow up & make sure that upgrade request is attended to within next 24 hours.

Do not go by dealer advice, often they suggest u a product based on where they are likely to make more commission from
After contacting AP via twitter, got a call back from Sales. They claim they are not aware of any promo's on the website and are selling fresh xstream boxes @ 2600+ and addon connections @ 1600+(incl monthly packs).
When i questioned them in detail, they asked me to contact their local dealer. The same one, whom I had contacted yesterday and recommended Tata Binge.
😭

Last edited:
After contacting AP via twitter, got a call back from Sales. They claim they are not aware of any promo's on the website and are selling fresh xstream boxes @ 2600+ and addon connections @ 1600+(incl monthly packs).
When i questioned them in detail, they asked me to contact their local dealer. The same one, whom I had contacted yesterday and recommended Tata Binge.
😭

After many tries, got a call back from Sales (Kerala). They claim they are not aware of any promo's on the website and are selling fresh xstream boxes @ 2600+ and addon connections @ 1600+(incl monthly packs).
When i questioned them in detail, they asked me to contact their local dealer. The same one, whom I had contacted previously and recommended Tata Binge. 🥴
There is seemingly no option to directly purchase a secondary xstream box online. Only option showing up in the Thanks app is for a callback. 🤐

Bro, u posted the exact same comment in 2 different threads, only change was that u replaced the mention of "Airtel Presence team via twitter " with "Sales Team (Kerala)".

How can both teams state exact same thing. Firstly one dealer can deny giving information, not all...secondly Airtel Presence Team has all the information and they can't be telling anyone what u have stated above. If offer is mentioned clearly on website and u r entering ur mobile number in the Need a Callback option listed there, i believe the executive calling in would surely have the relevant details about the XStream Box offer....they are infact assigned this specific job so i do not believe that they would say that we are not aware about such offer or do not call u back.

Please share proof to validate ur claims else atleast sorry but i won't believe the information shared by u

Bro, u posted the exact same comment in 2 different threads, only change was that u replaced the mention of "Airtel Presence team via twitter " with "Sales Team (Kerala)".

How can both teams state exact same thing. Firstly one dealer can deny giving information, not all...secondly Airtel Presence Team has all the information and they can't be telling anyone what u have stated above. If offer is mentioned clearly on website and u r entering ur mobile number in the Need a Callback option listed there, i believe the executive calling in would surely have the relevant details about the XStream Box offer....they are infact assigned this specific job so i do not believe that they would say that we are not aware about such offer or do not call u back.

Please share proof to validate ur claims else atleast sorry but i won't believe the information shared by u
Both posts were made in the same context. More chance of getting some help.

Airtel Presence just asked for my contact no.
It was the sales team that got in touch with me, and gave me the higher rates. Finally they asked me to get in touch with the local dealer (as per pincode). Which i had already did (check my post from yesterday)

I dont care if you believe me or not, but if you could get me an xstream box (secondary) at a 500/- discount, that would be helpful. 🤓

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock