AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

sushruta

Reaction score
The box got installed today but I'm not at all happy...

1) I tried playing 8 downloaded 4K videos & only two of them played on the box...The rest of the videos played only with audio but with no video at all...These same videos play flawlessly on my desktop,laptop & even on my phone (HDR 10 display)....I am attaching a pic of one such video which plays on all my other devices but not on this so-called 4k supported box...

2) The box only supports FAT32 & not NTFS or eXFAT...So, I can't use my external 1TB HDD with this box & formatting the HDD in Fat is not possible for me as the HDD is full with stuffs...

3) There is no recording feature enabled on the box...The technician who came to install, told me that it's available though...

4) When I booked the order, Airtel customer care people told me that I can pay the technician by cash, PayTM or Airtel Money/Payments Bank but when the technicain came, he said they only have system to collect cash...

5) They didn't give me any Inverto LNB & installed the normal single LNB...When I asked them if I can pay more & get the Inverto LNB, they told me that, they have never even heard about this LNB...I read in this forum that AirTel is giving Inverto LNB with new Xstream connections but that seems to be a very rare case in a city where only a few people got this with their new connection I think...

6) I don't have a 4K TV & I didn't find much pic quality difference between my earlier Dish TruHD vs this Xstream Box...Both look almost same to me...I found only the audio quality is much better on Airtel...

I think I did a mistake...I should have kept the DishTV & just buy a 4K enabled stick/android box because if the box can't play most 4k videos, then it's of no use to me because I paid 4120 total for this thinking it will play all 4k videos easily & I won't have to buy a separate 4k android box...

7) No app subscription was given for free to me...I was promised that, I will be given the Xstream app subscription for 1 year & even being an AirTel thanks customer, I didn't get any free subscription of any app...When called & tweeted them regarding this, they asked me to send email instead...

j1T0pa0.jpg

Update:

Pictures added...
[Pics On Page 4, Post No. 36]

I got a lil' late in uploading the pics but here they are anyways...In this post, I am only sharing some pics & not mentioning any pros or cons of the box... :)

qfUXDZR.jpg

6vQA2a2.jpg

StgWTfk.jpg

KfaIH9T.jpg

IdQwQB5.jpg

RF 2.4 Ghz Wireless KeyBoard & Mouse work as I expected...You can also see my mouse cursor on the screen... :D

y42XfPX.jpg

Snaps from Sony HD & NGC Wild HD...

elzH8bU.jpg

ywk3xSL.jpg

dL4jqvO.jpg

Some snaps from YT...Box supports YT 4K videos as you can see in the below pic...

TAFeacc.jpg

XkiYjbu.jpg

WAwDHVW.jpg

I went to the rooftop (5 story apartment) now & took pics of the Dish too... :D

zMILpvh.jpg

eruMxKf.jpg

:)

Last edited:

1) I tried playing 8 downloaded 4K videos & only two of them played on the box...The rest of the videos played only with audio but with no video at all...These same videos play flawlessly on my desktop,laptop & even on my phone (HDR 10 display)....I am attaching a pic of one such video which plays on all my other devices but not on this so-called 4k supported box...

2) The box only supports FAT32 & not NTFS or eXFAT...So, I can't use my external 1TB HDD with this box & formatting the HDD in Fat is not possible for me as the HDD is full with stuffs...

3) There is no recording feature enabled on the box...The technician who came to install, told me that it's available though...

4) When I booked the order, Airtel customer care people told me that I can pay the technician by cash, PayTM or Airtel Money/Payments Bank but when the technicain came, he said they only have system to collect cash...

5) They didn't give me any Inverto LNB & installed the normal single LNB...When I asked them if I can pay more & get the Inverto LNB, they told me that, they have never even heard about this LNB...I read in this forum that AirTel is giving Inverto LNB with new Xstream connections but that seems to be a very rare case in a city where only a few people got this with their new connection I think...

6) I don't have a 4K TV & I didn't find much pic quality difference between my earlier Dish TruHD vs this Xstream Box...Both look almost same to me...I found only the audio quality is much better on Airtel...

I think I did a mistake...I should have kept the DishTV & just buy a 4K enabled stick/android box because if the box can't play most 4k videos, then it's of no use to me because I paid 4120 total for this thinking it will play all 4k videos easily & I won't have to buy a separate 4k box...

j1T0pa0.jpg
Which player did you installed to play 4k videos?vlc?

I think I did a mistake...I should have kept the DishTV & just buy a 4K enabled stick/android box because if the box can't play most 4k videos, then it's of no use to me because I paid 4120 total for this thinking it will play all 4k videos easily & I won't have to buy a separate 4k box...

j1T0pa0.jpg
Regarding point#5, you can email nodal team with newpaper refer for lnb details.. ask for the replacement of it ...

Regarding point#5, you can email nodal team with newpaper refer for lnb details.. ask for the replacement of it ...
newpaper refer ?? Which newspaper it was published on ??

I talked to their Kolkata office keeping the technician to wait before he installed the connection & they said that, for now they have not heard about this LNB & in all connections, they are giving this same LNB which they gave to me....They said they will talk to their senior department about this & if this becomes available with them later, they will come & install the LNB automatically but I don't think, even if they get it later, they are not going to replace it for free...

If I send email to Nodal now, chances are that, they will also reply back saying, it's not available now & they have given me what they are giving to other customers too...Maybe later when the 1year warranty will expire,I will buy the same & install it myself...I don't think it will be too difficult because I carefully watched today how they fit the LNB to the dish...

Currently I'm mostly concerned about the non-playback of 4k videos... :mad::(

newpaper refer ?? Which newspaper it was published on ??

I talked to their Kolkata office keeping the technician to wait before he installed the connection & they said that, for now they have not heard about this LNB & in all connections, they are giving this same LNB which they gave to me....They said they will talk to their senior department about this & if this becomes available with them later, they will come & install the LNB automatically but I don't think, even if they get it later, they are not going to replace it for free...

If I send email to Nodal now, chances are that, they will also reply back saying, it's not available now & they have given me what they are giving to other customers too...Maybe later when the 1year warranty will expire,I will buy the same & install it myself...I don't think it will be too difficult because I carefully watched today how they fit the LNB to the dish...

Currently I'm mostly concerned about the non-playback of 4k videos... :mad::(
I mean to say news reported in the website... Hope Airtel fix 4k issue...

I mean to say news reported in the website... Hope Airtel fix 4k issue...
The report posted on this website is not an official source so can't provide them that...If they can't fix the 4k issue, I will ask them to take back their device & refund my money but I know there is no refund policy in this...I seriously am not interested in buying a separate 4k Box paying additional money when this box was supposed to play them... :(

The report posted on this website is not an official source so can't provide them that...If they can't fix the 4k issue, I will ask them to take back their device & refund my money but I know there is no refund policy in this...I seriously am not interested in buying a separate 4k Box paying additional money when this box was supposed to play them... :(
Jio gigafiber better???

Not with their limited data plans with high-price...
Bro, which internet plan you use and how much you pay. And regarding your disappointment about 4K videos, let us hope there will be a turnaround for that, maybe an OTA update.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock