AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

More issues on the box...

1) My mobile number is not showing on the box...Someone else's mobile number is showing...

2) I can't open any movie or show on the Xstream box home page...This error comes on opening a movie or show...
Error Code: ATV252

Customer care people, even the senior ones have no idea why messages from Airtel are coming to my number but the box showing someone else's number...They also don't have any idea about the Xstream app subscription provided with this box...

urXWVOP.jpg

So I think Mi Box or Firetv stick are better if not, directly connecting our laptop via HDMI cable :sneaky:
Those would have been any day better than this crap box...I even placed the order for Mi Box S & then cancelled the order thinking that, this box will handle all of those, which I would get from Mi Box S...I am deeply regretting buying this junk now instead of Mi Box...

The box got installed today but I'm not at all happy...

1) I tried playing 8 downloaded 4K videos & only two of them played on the box...The rest of the videos played only with audio but with no video at all...These same videos play flawlessly on my desktop,laptop & even on my phone (HDR 10 display)....I am attaching a pic of one such video which plays on all my other devices but not on this so-called 4k supported box...

2) The box only supports FAT32 & not NTFS or eXFAT...So, I can't use my external 1TB HDD with this box & formatting the HDD in Fat is not possible for me as the HDD is full with stuffs...

3) There is no recording feature enabled on the box...The technician who came to install, told me that it's available though...

4) When I booked the order, Airtel customer care people told me that I can pay the technician by cash, PayTM or Airtel Money/Payments Bank but when the technicain came, he said they only have system to collect cash...

5) They didn't give me any Inverto LNB & installed the normal single LNB...When I asked them if I can pay more & get the Inverto LNB, they told me that, they have never even heard about this LNB...I read in this forum that AirTel is giving Inverto LNB with new Xstream connections but that seems to be a very rare case in a city where only a few people got this with their new connection I think...

6) I don't have a 4K TV & I didn't find much pic quality difference between my earlier Dish TruHD vs this Xstream Box...Both look almost same to me...I found only the audio quality is much better on Airtel...

I think I did a mistake...I should have kept the DishTV & just buy a 4K enabled stick/android box because if the box can't play most 4k videos, then it's of no use to me because I paid 4120 total for this thinking it will play all 4k videos easily & I won't have to buy a separate 4k android box...

7) No app subscription was given for free to me...I was promised that, I will be given the Xstream app subscription for 1 year & even being an AirTel thanks customer, I didn't get any free subscription of any app...When called & tweeted them regarding this, they asked me to send email instead...

j1T0pa0.jpg

Since it allows you to install apps from outside you can try with some other apps supporting 4k. You said you tried with vlc my suggestion with vlc try changing hardware decoder or software decoder option and check.

Shocking to see NTFS not working. Wit FAT single file cant be greater than 4GB so u can watch only BD rip contents. But check for google drive links or online links for 4K that u can see using vlc.

This Airtel Xstream app came with this, i heard it doesn't contain live tv option as the mobile version. U can in jio apk in this box and use it for live TV. If possible can help to extract that airtel apk from this box and share me.

Since it allows you to install apps from outside you can try with some other apps supporting 4k. You said you tried with vlc my suggestion with vlc try changing hardware decoder or software decoder option and check.

Shocking to see NTFS not working. Wit FAT single file cant be greater than 4GB so u can watch only BD rip contents. But check for google drive links or online links for 4K that u can see using vlc.

This Airtel Xstream app came with this, i heard it doesn't contain live tv option as the mobile version. U can in jio apk in this box and use it for live TV. If possible can help to extract that airtel apk from this box and share me.
You may not have read all my comments on this thread where I wrote that I have tried all the 4k supported players, not just VLC...This box doesn't support 4K files so 4k files won't play irrespective of where I download them from....For BD Rips, I can already stream from my laptop to my TV wirelessly via Miracast...I only needed to play 4K files through the box...

And yes the AirTel Xstream app on the box doesn't have live TV option for valid reasons...Because if they would have provided that in the app itself, no-one would do monthly DTH recharges & they would have to incur losses...

Airtel Xstream is not a separate apk based app on this box like their mobile version...We can't uninstall or install this app...It's integrated in the box eco-system so apk file extracting is not possible here...

Last edited:
I got a lil' late in uploading the pics but here they are anyways...In this post, I am only sharing some pics & not mentioning any pros or cons of the box... :)

qfUXDZR.jpg

6vQA2a2.jpg

StgWTfk.jpg

KfaIH9T.jpg

IdQwQB5.jpg

RF 2.4 Ghz Wireless KeyBoard & Mouse work as I expected...You can also see my mouse cursor on the screen... :D

y42XfPX.jpg

Snaps from Sony HD & NGC Wild HD...

elzH8bU.jpg

ywk3xSL.jpg

dL4jqvO.jpg

Some snaps from YT...Box supports YT 4K videos as you can see in the below pic...

TAFeacc.jpg

XkiYjbu.jpg

WAwDHVW.jpg

I went to the rooftop (5 story apartment) now & took pics of the Dish too... :D

zMILpvh.jpg

eruMxKf.jpg

:)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock