AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

I actually wanted to know if the apk can also be installed on non-airtel devices ??

When I try to install in the phone to debug it is not installed and show's error more shared libraries are required. Hence direct installation may not work.
Unless we have the full rom let us not try.
The OTA rom's are encrypted

Anyone having the box hang problem ?? Just a few days it got installed & already hanged 3 times...Remote stops working because the box gets hanged & I need to switch off & on the box everytime from the main power...Resetting the box to the factory didn't solve the problem...Maybe because the OS is new...I hope they fix the issues in OTA...

Exactly the same issue right now for me. Did you get the solution for this?
I'm tired of reaching Airtel again and again.

Thanks,
Sridhar

More issues on the box...

1) My mobile number is not showing on the box...Someone else's mobile number is showing...

2) I can't open any movie or show on the Xstream box home page...This error comes on opening a movie or show...
Error Code: ATV252

Customer care people, even the senior ones have no idea why messages from Airtel are coming to my number but the box showing someone else's number...They also don't have any idea about the Xstream app subscription provided with this box...

urXWVOP.jpg

Exactly the same issue right now for me. Did you get the solution for this?
I'm tired of reaching Airtel again and again.

Thanks,
Sridhar
Brother, you need to get them to show your mobile number on the box...Call them & ask for a supervisor or a senior desk representative & tell them to attach your mobile number on the box by saying your proper mobile number is not showing on the box (or it's showing as not available if that is happening with you)...They will do something from their back-end & the mobile number will start to show on the box & you will be able to watch the Xstream app contents...Also message them on twitter by sending a message to @Airtel_Presence on twitter if the phone CC can't help you...

If the problem still persist, contact your local Nodal Office by email...I'm giving you the details below...

16Tamil NaduN Kumar[email protected]Bharti Telemedia Limited,6th floor, Bacon IT Park, Vanket Narayana Road, T Nagar Chennai, 600017

Best wishes...

Brother, you need to get them to show your mobile number on the box...Call them & ask for a supervisor or a senior desk representative & tell them to attach your mobile number on the box by saying your proper mobile number is not showing on the box (or it's showing as not available if that is happening with you)...They will do something from their back-end & the mobile number will start to show on the box & you will be able to watch the Xstream app contents...Also message them on twitter by sending a message to @Airtel_Presence on twitter if the phone CC can't help you...

If the problem still persist, contact your local Nodal Office by email...I'm giving you the details below...

16Tamil NaduN Kumar[email protected]Bharti Telemedia Limited,6th floor, Bacon IT Park, Vanket Narayana Road, T Nagar Chennai, 600017

Best wishes...

Thanks Brother,
But even Nodal team couldn't able to resolve this, even they said will check with technical team and come back :D.

Worst!

Thanks Brother,
But even Nodal team couldn't able to resolve this, even they said will check with technical team and come back :D.

Worst!
Lol... :ROFLMAO: Maybe because the product is very new so even the Nodal team has no idea about how to fix it...I had the same problem with my Nodal team...They couldn't solve any of my problems I am having with the Xstream box...After repeated phones to the customer care, I managed them to show the number (even though the number displayed is my alternate number & not the one I wanted) on the box & the apps started working...

But i still have problems with the box...Like for example, sometimes if I don't press any key on the remote for an hour & keep the box turned off by remote while the main power is on, then several times the box gets hanged after showing the home screen when I press the power button to turn the device on from a standby...I did factory reset several times but it didn't help me at all...Everytime this happens, I have to turn the device off from main power (because the remote command doesn't work because of the box hanging) & on again...

Also the manual sound mode doesn't work which I have set in the settings...Everytime I turn on the device from main power, the fake DolbyDigital sound/signal comes from all the channels & contents from the front two speakers only even though I have disabled the auto sound mode which creates this DD problem & enabled the manual sound modes...Then I have to power the box off & on again to get sound on all the speakers...

I'm not sure if other users in this forum are also facing these issues or I am the only one though...

I am waiting for another software update now but not sure if these issues will get fixed or not...

The volume levels when playing OTT contents is pathetically low. No Dolby on Netflix. Only channels volume is adequate. This box can't bear Fire TV 4K which far far more superior than XStream box. This box having so many problems. The box is manufacturered with defects. Don't trust.

Hope and wait for TataSky launch of Binge Plus STB.

The volume levels when playing OTT contents is pathetically low. No Dolby on Netflix. Only channels volume is adequate.
What's the default volume set to in the device settings?

its 15.
Bro, actually I have tried the same but OTT apps volume is very very low. I set manual Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus. Then Netflix started showing the compatibility for Dolby format. But when I play the contents, the volume through TV and home theater is too low.

Now really i don't use Xstream Box. I use fire tv 4k only. It's too good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock