AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

After Huawei HD+ box , all boxes from airtel be it hero /technicolor /Calcomp /internet box/xstream ,all are half baked. All boxes have their own issue(s).

its 15.
Bro, actually I have tried the same but OTT apps volume is very very low. I set manual Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus. Then Netflix started showing the compatibility for Dolby format. But when I play the contents, the volume through TV and home theater is too low.

Now really i don't use Xstream Box. I use fire tv 4k only. It's too good.
Setting manual will force stereo output from Xstream Box. Keep it in Auto. Yeah, Fire stick is much better.

The volume levels when playing OTT contents is pathetically low. No Dolby on Netflix. Only channels volume is adequate. This box can't bear Fire TV 4K which far far more superior than XStream box. This box having so many problems. The box is manufacturered with defects. Don't trust.

Hope and wait for TataSky launch of Binge Plus STB.
Did you update the box to the last available firmware i.e. 2633 ?? A few problems have been fixed in this, which was in the first version...There are still issues though like I mentioned before...I don't use NetFlix so can't comment on that no Dolby issue but I think I have read in this forum from people who are using this box & also using Netflix found that only Prime video doesn't have Dolby on the Xstream box but Netflix does...Not very sure about it though as I don't have a netflix subscription...

Did you update the box to the last available firmware i.e. 2633 ?? A few problems have been fixed in this, which was in the first version...There are still issues though like I mentioned before...I don't use NetFlix so can't comment on that no Dolby issue but I think I have read in this forum from people who are using this box & also using Netflix found that only Prime video doesn't have Dolby on the Xstream box but Netflix does...Not very sure about it though as I don't have a netflix subscription...
Simple comparison. Same movie when I play from Fire TV 4K stick everything works superb. Volume us too perfect and adequate.
And when I play same through XStream, there are volume as well as Dolby issues.

Box behaves weird. Airtel didn't prioritize technical aspects of box....
It's mere fooling of customers.

I s
I got a lil' late in uploading the pics but here they are anyways...In this post, I am only sharing some pics & not mentioning any pros or cons of the box... :)

qfUXDZR.jpg

6vQA2a2.jpg

StgWTfk.jpg

KfaIH9T.jpg

IdQwQB5.jpg

RF 2.4 Ghz Wireless KeyBoard & Mouse work as I expected...You can also see my mouse cursor on the screen... :D

y42XfPX.jpg

Snaps from Sony HD & NGC Wild HD...

elzH8bU.jpg

ywk3xSL.jpg

dL4jqvO.jpg

Some snaps from YT...Box supports YT 4K videos as you can see in the below pic...

TAFeacc.jpg

XkiYjbu.jpg

WAwDHVW.jpg

I went to the rooftop (5 story apartment) now & took pics of the Dish too... :D

zMILpvh.jpg

eruMxKf.jpg

:)
I saw 2 d2h antenna in ur neighborhood

Box had several problems so I requested for a technician visit & today they changed the box to a new sealed one...When I booked the connection, they gave me a non-sealed box which was already used in their local office before giving to me & even someone else's GMail account was showing on the box...When it was installed, I did ask the technician who came to install the connection about it & he told me that the box was checked in their office...I didn't like the fact of getting a non-sealed device with a new connection...

The box had several problems like hanging & auto-restarts etc so I requested for an RMA & today they provided me a new box & the technician today opened the seal in front of me & swapped it... :)

I told the technician today that I was not given a sealed box with my new connection...

I hope the new box doesn't come up with such problems which my old box had...Time will tell...

Last edited:
Box had several problems so I requested for a technician visit & today they changed the box to a new sealed one...When I booked the connection, they gave me a non-sealed box which was already used in their local office before giving to me & even someone else's GMail account was showing on the box...When it was installed, I did ask the technician who came to install the connection about it & he told me that the box was checked in their office...I didn't like the fact of getting a non-sealed device with a new connection...

The box had several problems like hanging & auto-restarts etc so I requested for an RMA & today they provided me a new box & the technician today opened the seal in front of me & swapped it... :)

I told the technician today that I was not given a sealed box with my new connection...

I hope the new box doesn't have such problems which my old box had...Time will tell...
Nothing will happen in my view as x stream box is x stream tension

Nothing will happen in my view as x stream box is x stream tension
Atleast they can provide the NTFS support & enable the recording...I'm not sure, but I think NTFS support can be added by a firmware upgrade...

I've heard that, STB portability is coming soon so customers will have the freedom to choose their fav DTH provider without changing the box...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock