AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

Atleast they can provide the NTFS support & enable the recording...I'm not sure, but I think NTFS support can be added by a firmware upgrade...

I've heard that, STB portability is coming soon so customers will have the freedom to choose their fav DTH provider without changing the box...
Bro could you search on xstream on google "what is my user agent" and tell that

Box had several problems so I requested for a technician visit & today they changed the box to a new sealed one...When I booked the connection, they gave me a non-sealed box which was already used in their local office before giving to me & even someone else's GMail account was showing on the box...When it was installed, I did ask the technician who came to install the connection about it & he told me that the box was checked in their office...I didn't like the fact of getting a non-sealed device with a new connection...

The box had several problems like hanging & auto-restarts etc so I requested for an RMA & today they provided me a new box & the technician today opened the seal in front of me & swapped it... :)

I told the technician today that I was not given a sealed box with my new connection...

I hope the new box doesn't come up with such problems which my old box had...Time will tell...
New swapped box still have the same home screen hanging & auto-reboots problems & I have not even installed a single additional app on the box yet...They should have tested the box properly/entirely before releasing it commercially...Pathetic service...

Last edited:
Do you get Xstream app in TV?
No...Last time I tried installing the Xstream apk manually on the box...It didn't work...I didn't try that on the new swapped box as I'm sure it won't work....

Currently the box has lot of things to improve on specially the sudden home-screen hanging & auto-reboots and then the NTFS support & 4K HDR video files playability via external drives......Most of these I believe can be fixed by OTA updates but I'm not sure how capable & caring their DTH team is so we may have to live with these problems for a while (or forever)...

No...Last time I tried installing the Xstream apk manually on the box...It didn't work...I didn't try that on the new swapped box as I'm sure it won't work....
If I select xstream app, I get directed to home screen

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock