AirTel Xstream Box Got Installed Today [Pics On Page 4, Post 36]

Bro, which internet plan you use and how much you pay. And regarding your disappointment about 4K videos, let us hope there will be a turnaround for that, maybe an OTA update.
80 Mbps Unlimited Fiber Optic...Plan cost 650/-....I pay 767/month including GST...

And I really hope that this issue can be solved by OTA update & not a hardware limitation...In case of hardware limitation, they simply can't write 4k & "One Box to rule them all" on their box...

Last edited:
Guys if the box doesn't support NTFS file system, how are we suppose to copy 4K movies on the storage drives as 4k movies are of big file size & we can't copy any 4k movie on the FAT32 file system ??

I only tested with 8 small 4k clips & only two of them played on the box...But how can we copy full 4k movies on the storage drive if the file system doesn't allow it ??

Point number 7 added to the main post...

7) No app subscription was given for free to me...I was promised that, I will be given the Xstream app subscription for 1 year & even being an AirTel thanks customer, I didn't get any free subscription of any app...When called & tweeted them regarding this, they asked me to send email instead...

.Mkv file is not playable . Try to download 4K clip with .mp4 format.
Can u check youtube in 4K running or not ?
As far as Inverto-LNB is concerned , Try to raise query on twitter.
And what about Your Live tv experience ?

.Mkv file is not playable . Try to download 4K clip with .mp4 format.
Can u check youtube in 4K running or not ?
As far as Inverto-LNB is concerned , Try to raise query on twitter.
And what about Your Live tv experience ?
Even if the mp4 clip gets played, I can't copy a 4k movie on the pen-drive/external HDD because the box only supports FAT32 format & this format doesn't allow files more than 4 Gb to be copied on the pen-drive/Hdd...And all 4k movies are much bigger than this 4gb limit...

Youtube 4k plays properly...

I asked them on twitter about the inverto LNB & they said, "We have not heard about any such Lnb...You were given what we are giving to other customers as well"...

I want to surrender this connection & go back to DishTv...Is there any way they will take back their junk box, dish, cable & refund my 4120/ so that I can go back to DishTV & buy a dedicated 4k android box ??

Point number 7 added to the main post...

7) No app subscription was given for free to me...I was promised that, I will be given the Xstream app subscription for 1 year & even being an AirTel thanks customer, I didn't get any free subscription of any app...When called & tweeted them regarding this, they asked me to send email instead...
These customer support people are so dumb that they are telling me on phone to download the Xstream app on the box from the Google play...When I told him that, there is no Xstream app for the android TV platform on the Google Play, he said, "Ok sir I'm transferring the call to senior desk" & he cut the call without transferring the call...

I don't think I will be able to surrender the connection as the connection has already got installed & activated...I would have to consider this as a bad investment...

Now I will have to buy another 4k box which will play 4k movies which this box itself was suppose to play...

Sorry but why would you play 4K files on a TV that's not even 4K ?
That doesn't make sense and it won't bring a better picture, just play 1080p files...

This box is able to play 4K, I think it's mostly streaming stuff from Youtube, Amazon and Netflix.

I had similar issues on my Mi TV wherein I was unable to play 4k videos coz of the file format. I just downloaded a hevc codec plugin from online and installed on my TV. Boom it worked. Same happened to my laptop too.

Not sure if it will work on Airtel box but no harm in trying. It may work if Ur lucky enough. Just it once. You can just search on Google for any compatible ones.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock