DDF Exclusive Airtel Xstream Box Hands On! Review

• Thread starter k2max6
  • Start date
  • Replies: Replies 425
  • Views: Views 130,013
@k2max6 bro which file manager app you have downloaded?
I used file manager by anker, minimalistic interface, but you have to use a pen drive for sideloading via this.
You can use filecommander if you want to copy via mobile. I haven’t tried it though.
Can we connect Soundbar through Bluetooth ? If yes, can we use remote apk in a phone to control the box at the same time ?
Yes, you can connect a soundbar via bluetooth but its not logical unless its a 2 channel soundbar.
I think you can(not sure) use the remote app in the phone at the same time but why not use the supplied remote, its pretty good.

Does it have any custom OS like Patchwall in Mi TVs ? or simply having Android TV UI ?

I booked the connection today...Earlier I thought about waiting for the Flipkart/Amazon sale but then changed my mind as the box is going out of stock in many places they have launched so it will not be wise to pay in advance just to save couple hundred rupees & then wait for an unknown number of days to get it installed...

I filled the form on their site & someone from their team called me & booked the connection...He told me that, it will be installed today itself within 5:30 PM which I don't think is true because no-one has called me yet...Maybe will take 24-48 hours...

I thought about paying through Airtel payments bank to get a 200/- cashback on that 3999/- but the service is showing Dormant on my phone because I have not used AirTel Money/Payments Bank since a long time now...So, can't add any money on my wallet to pay the technician...

I will either have to pay in cash or by PayTM to the technician...Let's see...

Don't know how many days it will take for them to install it but after it gets installed, I will post some pics in a new thread... :D

Last edited:
I booked on 11.09.19 for xstream upgrade from internet tv in chennai through customer care and they committed that it will be installed within 3 days ... Almost 7 days over today, still no one comes ......:mad:

So, it seems it is running out of stock if not already. Makes one think that Airtel launched Xstream Box in haste without keeping enough stock just before Jio Gigafiber launch to make an impact but may be failing miserably if they don't get enough stock back. Also, noteworthy is that it is available only in select cities and not pan India.

So, it seems it is running out of stock if not already. Makes one think that Airtel launched Xstream Box in haste without keeping enough stock just before Jio Gigafiber launch to make an impact but may be failing miserably if they don't get enough stock back. Also, noteworthy is that it is available only in select cities and not pan India.
Airtel underestimated the market. They forgot the fact that the market currently lacks any worthy competitor offering an affordable smart TV experience.

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock